Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most know by now, I am waiting for the arival of my 2012 GT Premium. I went up front to the sales tower and asked if my car had been produced yet and if I had a VIN. The answer was a "no" as I expected (it's been about 2 1/2 weeks though) but with an added reason- The Brembo brake package seems to have delayed the production a bit. The word from the regional office is that because of Boss 302 production, certain parts were on a short list.

Then the sales manager informed our rep that it was a sold unit to an employee, and she said she would up the production to a "VIP status" I guess. In other words, I should not only have a VIN but an expected delivery date by Friday also.

So I'm still waiting. But my Mustang fix needs to be filled soon. I feel like an addict who ran out of his stash!

·
Registered
828 Posts
congrats! and count yourself lucky. my dealership told me if I ordered one instead of picking from the lot, it could be an 8-12 week wait.

also, Greenmustang, your avatar is awesome.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I ordered mine march 29th. Two weeks ago I got an eta of 15may, a week ago it changed to 25may, 4 days ago it changed to 17may, 2 days ago it changed to 23may. It's aggravating to say the least...

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I did get a phone call from the regional rep today, seems my car should be built the first week of June. We will see....

·
Registered
7 Posts
lucky for me i was traveling when my car was being built and it was a surprise when i got the call "your car arrived today!" good things come to those who wait...enjoy

·
Registered
577 Posts
Other then getting the absolute perfect car I don't think I could do it. I am very impatient and want my stuff now. A week to get my oil catch can just about drove me nuts...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Other then getting the absolute perfect car I don't think I could do it. I am very impatient and want my stuff now. A week to get my oil catch can just about drove me nuts...
Haha, I placed my first order for the car 18 months ago when I got to Iraq. Short model year and extended tour meant changing to a 2012 order. Now the car is scheduled to actually beat me home... Stopping by the dealer to pick up the car on the way back from the airport. I'm just glad I was deployed for all that time or else waiting would have been ridiculous. Parts are waiting in the garage to be put on :D

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
Haha, I placed my first order for the car 18 months ago when I got to Iraq. Short model year and extended tour meant changing to a 2012 order. Now the car is scheduled to actually beat me home... Stopping by the dealer to pick up the car on the way back from the airport. I'm just glad I was deployed for all that time or else waiting would have been ridiculous. Parts are waiting in the garage to be put on :D
Nice! you used ENCS? I used to be a salesman for them. If your still there, do a USAA Car buying service quote and see if it beats the ENCS price, take it in and they will beat it. You actually have 14 days AFTER you pick it up to beat the price.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nice! you used ENCS? I used to be a salesman for them. If your still there, do a USAA Car buying service quote and see if it beats the ENCS price, take it in and they will beat it. You actually have 14 days AFTER you pick it up to beat the price.
I'm really not too worried about it, I got an X-plan price plus a few discounts so it worked out well for me. They were pretty great to work with other than waiting for them to get the price list. I think it took 2 months to get the 2012 Mustang price list after the order banks opened.

·
Registered
577 Posts
See now that's the plan right there. Only thing I got after 3 deployments was receipts for the ex wife spending it as fast as I was banking it. At least she had a good time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm really not too worried about it, I got an X-plan price plus a few discounts so it worked out well for me. They were pretty great to work with other than waiting for them to get the price list. I think it took 2 months to get the 2012 Mustang price list after the order banks opened.

Working at a Ford dealership I can tell you going through USAA's buying service will beat the snot out of an x-plan price, and you can still use your (assuming) active military discount and others. Might be worth looking in to, but it's completely up to you.

·
Registered
119 Posts
At this point car gets delivered in 4-5 days, and I'll pick it up in about a week when I get back to CA. Not too worried about what I paid for it seeing as it was 400a/brembo for just under 32k. At this point I don't feel like dealing with numbers anymore and just want to pick up the car and drive it. Have something like a 3500 mile road trip planned for a month or so after I get it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
At this point car gets delivered in 4-5 days, and I'll pick it up in about a week when I get back to CA. Not too worried about what I paid for it seeing as it was 400a/brembo for just under 32k. At this point I don't feel like dealing with numbers anymore and just want to pick up the car and drive it. Have something like a 3500 mile road trip planned for a month or so after I get it.
Don't worry. You'll love it. Congrats man.

·
Registered
215 Posts
+1 on the USAA Buyers program. I have used it several times and it has saved me thousands. Not as much as not paying sales tax, but alot none the less...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts