Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I can't find it anywhere on here, so I'm hoping someone could chime in.

Is it possible to put an aftermarket disc changer into my car and have the disc changer linked to the stock stereo? I remember some Ford/Lincoln/Mercury models had a place to put these for a period of time, and I'm not sure if mine would be able to do that.

Also, if there is a way, is there a specific changer to buy?

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Nope. Sorry.

·
Registered
194 Posts
You might be able to get a radio and cd changer out of an explorer...(You would need the wiring also...) or you could get an A/M add on unit that goes through the antenna...

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Okay, I can't find it anywhere on here, so I'm hoping someone could chime in.

Is it possible to put an aftermarket disc changer into my car and have the disc changer linked to the stock stereo? I remember some Ford/Lincoln/Mercury models had a place to put these for a period of time, and I'm not sure if mine would be able to do that.

Also, if there is a way, is there a specific changer to buy?

Thanks guys.
Yes you can.. you have to get a connector to the J-plugI think.. if you do a search on hooking up an ipod controller or bluetooh etc.. you should find it.. let me see if I can find the link I used to have..

Baiscally you can splice off of the J connector to another changer..

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
damn i read wrong...:tomato. I thought that you were trying to install an aftermarket radio and still be able to keep and use your stock 6 cd changer. Like mentioned above you just need to purchase the one that you want and it will tie into your antenna then all you need is to route it and get ignition, power, and ground. I think age is starting to effect my mind or maybe its work:dunno

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
there is no need for that J-plug thing as if you get one it will come with the necessary parts.

Reactions: suprajay79
1 - 8 of 8 Posts