Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
eeeee!
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Stock Stereo in my 2003 GT , Is the one with the In dash 6 cd changer and it has the mach speakers,subwoffer...etc

I don't really want to buy an after market stereo for it

(In my personal opinion, since the stereo space is so large it will need a spacer and those NEVER seem to look right and I dont like it..Plus I have had a car broken into here at my condo before and I don't want anything flashy inside my car to make people think they need to break my windows to steal stuff in my car)

Can I buy a stock stereo that did NOT include the 6 cd changer (but had the option for a trunk changer ) will it hook up (without adapters) to my current wire harness?

I want to buy one of those adapter kits that makes an Ipod play thru the stock stereo, but my stock stereo doesn't have the option for this due to the 6 CD changer in the dash

I HATE FM transmitters. my other cars all have Ipod ready stereos in them and I honestly can not go back to listening to my music thru some crappy fm transmitter ever again .

I hope I explained that well enough.. :eek:

·
Registered
546 Posts
I don't know about the mach system but I would imagine you could put another stock head in it with little modification. If you are interested in buying one anyways I have the stock head unit out of my mustang with just the single cd.

As far as being able to hook up a ipod to a stock h/u. I would suggest wiring in an aux port like this USA SPEC DF-FORD20 Adapter Connect a music player to your 1996-up Ford factory radio at Crutchfield.com and then connecting an aux cord that is a headphone plugin on the other end to the ipod.

·
eeeee!
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does your head unit have the input for a cd changer? If so Ill buy it if you want a reasonable price for it.

that adapter thing is the exact one I have been looking at .

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have no idea how to tell if it has the input for the changer? I'm searching. Any idea?

EDIT: According to crutchfield I do not have the input. I don't believe your going to be able to find anything out of a mustang that will work, because the non mach systems dont have the input. Maybe another model ford factory radio?

·
eeeee!
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im thinking of buying this Connector

It says it is not compatible with the mach 460 with 6 disc changer. but browsing thru the internet I have found people with the same stereo as me, and it DID work for them, They said they Held down the "CD" button and it switched over to the Ipod.

·
Registered
10 Posts
6-disc in-dash unit

Hi GenevieveD,

I know this post is a year old, but... I also have the 6-disc in-dash head unit (I have a 2002 GT). Did you ever get this resolved?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've attached a few pictures of the head unit from my 2002 GT... supposedly it's the Mach 460... anyway it does have the 6-disc in-dash changer... and I'd really like to update it to have an aux port if possible. Discs stick in the changer now but it fits the opening nicely and it has good power, and I already have a sub hooked up to it, so it would be nice if I could just throw an MP3 player in the glove box and be done with it. :)

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
they sell adapter kits so that you can play and aux unit. just go on craigslist to see what they have that you will like

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
not a problem, made that thread so people would know what's been tested and works. personally i love having that in my car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts