Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on all?

So I am wondering how many owners out there are using a stock clutch with 4:10 gears. How does it hold up and is an upgrade mandatory or recommended? Just wondering if I can survive with the stock set-up for awhile?

Will play Devil's Advocate and say that I will be jumping the throttle here and there with a few trips to the track / month. My car has 60k miles on it and the clutch still feels good.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
4.10s really aren't going to put any more pressure on your clutch. Plenty of people run like that because for a lot of people it's one of their first mods. I will be soon and don't plan on doing clutch work for a while.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have 4.10s with stock clutch and no problems and have tracked it

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to know, I just want to be sure that I'm not setting myself up for an unexpecting replacement upgrade down the road.

thx

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Good to know, I just want to be sure that I'm not setting myself up for an unexpecting replacement upgrade down the road.

thx
The only reason you may need to replace you clutch is if you get SOOO excited over how the 4.10s feel compared to the stock 3.27s that you beat the bageezes out of your car:D:3gears

·
Registered
32 Posts
you shouldn,t have any problems i have been running 15 psi of boost with the stock clutch with no problems i will also be installing 410's and have no plans for a new clutch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts