Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find one? I've had one of the double hook aftermarket one for some time now, and it's always had some play to it, which has made it rattle like no tomorrow. It's something I got used to over time, but last night a drive a friends 01 cobra with the stock one.....and now I regret ever getting rid of mine. I know a lot of people talk about how crappy the original is, but....I like it over how the aftermarkets make it feel. The problem is I've searched high and low and cannot seem to come across one, and I broke the original one when I took it out. I guess I wouldn't be against keeping the one I have now, but I haven't been able to find a solution for that god awful rattle. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Did your 2-hook quadrant come with spacers to keep it aligned with the cable, and limit it's walking about on the shaft? Some do not and without them they will rattle.

You can use washers to perform the same task--also use 1 or 2 of heavy O-rings between the washers to prevent the quadrant from rattling.

I have never seen the stock quadrant offered at any FLAPS or online vendor, Ford or a junkyard, or perhaps a forum member will step in. I have mine however I never sell stock parts so that if/when I sell the car I can put it back to stock and part out the goodies--makes the car easier to sell too...

·
Hardcore Devotee
2,179 Posts
Check local junkyards in your area. If you can find a wrecked car, you could probably pick one up cheap. You may also be able to find a car that someone is parting out on this forum or another.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
As Cliff stated...... fix the rattle.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Does anyone know where I can find one? I've had one of the double hook aftermarket one for some time now, and it's always had some play to it, which has made it rattle like no tomorrow. It's something I got used to over time, but last night a drive a friends 01 cobra with the stock one.....and now I regret ever getting rid of mine. I know a lot of people talk about how crappy the original is, but....I like it over how the aftermarkets make it feel. The problem is I've searched high and low and cannot seem to come across one, and I broke the original one when I took it out. I guess I wouldn't be against keeping the one I have now, but I haven't been able to find a solution for that god awful rattle. Any ideas?
I have my old stock one

Sent from my LG-AS680 using AutoGuide App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts