Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need to install a CMDP when I install my new Hot Rod cams?
I have read that our TB are good for 600 hp. I need my extra money to get my 4.10's.

·
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect match to the cylinder heads

·
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking of buying the Throttle body and a Cmdp to increase the air volume , for the new cams.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
at your level you dont need a throttle body by the CMDP would be a nice touch

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
I was thinking of buying the Throttle body and a Cmdp to increase the air volume , for the new cams.
Oh. Um if you're on a budget you could skip them both. delete plates would be good with the cams for sure.

and the TB is a debated issue. I like them, and i want a frpp tb. but i would surely put them at the bottom of the list when you ran out of things to do. gears will do more then both of those mods put together and you have to get gears with thumprs.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I had no problems with the hot rods and stock charge motion plates. Though when I added the plates it really made the drivability and response better, though I don't really think it added any HP.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Also, who are you having tune your car? Doug at bama did a great tune with the cams and has worked with them more lately to further improve tunes for them. The only problem is I really want to add the FRPP throttle body but Doug doesn't seem to want to write a tune for it. I don't even want it to make power I just think it looks good and would go with all the other FRPP parts I've added.

·
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also, who are you having tune your car? Doug at bama did a great tune with the cams and has worked with them more lately to further improve tunes for them. The only problem is I really want to add the FRPP throttle body but Doug doesn't seem to want to write a tune for it. I don't even want it to make power I just think it looks good and would go with all the other FRPP parts I've added.
That's just it, I have a SCT-3 Tuner and tune from Breenspeed and they don't sell the Hot Rod cams!
I want to keep the ford racing theme going and make 325 rwhp at the same time. Ford doesn't have a tune for there cams.
If I get a set of CMDP from Breenspeed , maybe he would right a tune for the Hot rod cams at the same time?

·
Registered
676 Posts
If you are getting hot rod or thumpr cams then get your car dyno tuned. For a lot of reasons.

If you want cams with no tune just get NSR cams and forget about the idle. Its a nice idle and good performance and no tune or drivability issues.
How is the idle compared to stock?

·
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought that the Hot Rod cams were NSR's

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
The Hot Rod cams are NSR but those require a tune due to the rough idle and all. The Stage II NSR Comp Cams (127200) which Rich is referring are just slightly larger than stock cams, have nice idle, and don't require a tune but it will help get more power if you do want to get a custom tune.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hot Rods are NSR... They still need a tune though. You'll get better performance gains with 4.10's than you will with a new TB...

So get the Hot Rods, and 4.10's and make your own deletes. Just cut out the butterflies and fill in the holes. Sand down the steel puddy and you're set.

·
Doctor of Jurisprudence
2,945 Posts
Hot Rods are NSR... They still need a tune though. You'll get better performance gains with 4.10's than you will with a new TB...

So get the Hot Rods, and 4.10's and make your own deletes. Just cut out the butterflies and fill in the holes. Sand down the steel puddy and you're set.
This is EXACTLY what I am doing. I'm working on my CMDP's right now and will install 4.10's and Hot Rod cams probably over xmas break... :cool:

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts

+2 I did my own delete plates, but i went the extra step of porting them to match my heads. rather than $300 (i think) steeda plates i did them myself for around 10 bucks and they're still port matched

·
Doctor of Jurisprudence
2,945 Posts
+2 I did my own delete plates, but i went the extra step of porting them to match my heads. rather than $300 (i think) steeda plates i did them myself for around 10 bucks and they're still port matched
hhhmmmm...now that DOES sound like a fun project! Do you have a write-up on this? I mean, since I'm already working on my CMDPs then I might as well take that extra step right? :yes

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
don't have a write up. i used a dremel and opened up the holes to match the heads. used quicksteel to close up the holes from the flaps (whatever)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts