Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys how hard is it to install the stock hpipe back on a 1998 mustang gt
i dropped it about a year ago myself and installed a bbk xpipe but now i have to smog it and reinstall the stock hpipe for smog. it seemed pretty heavy when i dropped it. unfortunately i just moved out here and i dont have an extra set of hands. any suggestions?
thank you for the help

·
Registered
227 Posts
It sucks dude...but easily doable with one person..two people just make it easier...i usually wus out and use a jack to keep it up...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm ok so just use a jack to kind of hold it up, how long did it take you to put it bavk up, any other tricks?

·
Registered
227 Posts
After all the mustangs over the years ~ 45 minutes with a lot of blood sweat and tears, cursing...etc..it just sucked bolting the stock h pipe up to shorty headers... reason i love longtubes so much isn't because of the performance..just sooo much easier to work with..haha

With a stock hpipe doing it for the first time..? unknown amount of time. Sorry but no more tricks...pretty straight forward.

just PLEASEEE Please!!! make sure you line up/ attach the pipes up correctly.... Bolted down the hpipe to headers and wan't 'attached' properly..had to buy a new h pipe...blah!

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I put a pair of jackstands under each side at about the right height near the crossover and then bolted up the front.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats a good idea thanks for the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts