Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would there be any benefit of me buying an O/R H over removing my cats? I know I'm cheap as hell....

·
Poo tee weet?
2,646 Posts
An aftermarket midpipe has a consistant overall diameter where the stock midpipe doesnt. I'm not sure how much it really matters though.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
An aftermarket midpipe has a consistant overall diameter where the stock midpipe doesnt. I'm not sure how much it really matters though.
This,

It wouldnt hurt to do it. Plus itd save you money. I dont think youll gain or lose a noticable amount either way between the two.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I removed the two rear cats out of my stock H, and honestly it didn't make any noticeable difference. Now I'm rocking a BBK catted X-pipe and it's definitely better than the stock H.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to go offroad X. I'll just do this to buy time. I wanna get some other stuff done first.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know yet. Not flows. Maybe some Pypes M80s. Right now I'm 100% stock.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Buy a o/r h pipe. The o/r h pipe you buy will have a larger diameter pipeing.

You're not to far from me. If you need help putting it on, throw me a PM.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll definitely need help, mostly because the studs to the catback are F'ed.

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
O/R X + M80s = :drool

They sound the same as Magnapacks. I'm running Magnapacks and a UPR O/R X, which I reccomend, and it sounds amazing.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
I'd just replace the catback and midpipe at once so that we don't have to fix the studs now for a short time when you just buy a new catback.

Or if you don't want to do this, you could just weld in mufflers.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
:mad:

The 4.6 2v is a joke in terms of performance. But it does sound very good. I can't even describe the sound. It sounds like a classic muscle car other then it being very loud. It also has a different tone. I like it though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts