Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i picked up another complete motor to start my build on. But my question is after the pistons/rods, etc, my budget is kinda tight, and i have a local shop around here that is great at doing headwork. Is there any gains to be had getting headwork done on a set of stock 02 heads?

·
Registered
978 Posts
i was thinking the exact same thing!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Heads are one place on any car where it pays to invest...See the car in my sig that goes low 9's...that same car went low 10's before the right heads. Even if u plan to do nx or a SC down the road...do your heads the best u can afford to do, engines are nothing more than an air pump and the heads are where it all starts :) (trust the old dude..lol)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i was going with some sort of cam(not sure which one as i plan to add nitrous or FI sooner or later), with patriot performance valve springs...the guy that is doing my heads has his own shop and has did work for livernois in the past, so he's good.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I'd get the new 2v Trick Flow twisted wedge heads. They are performing better than ported PI heads, and they are a direct bolt-on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well im trying to do it on a budget so i can place funds into other area's and the guy thats doing my heads are amazing, and he's hooking me up on the price

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
pea_jay the 2v twisted heads will flow better than most any ported head, and that is stock. How much are you trying to spend?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.