Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much RWHP can i push safely...on my 05 GT? Daily driver...65,000 miles. Motor is completely stock at the moment...just wondering if I would have to do anything to my internals if im looking at pushing 415-425 RWHP. Looking into getting a whipple. And if i do need some beefing up under the hood...what should i go with?

·
Registered
872 Posts
I think this is the fourth thread today asking the same question. Did someone remove the search button?

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
im guessin you did all your regular maintenances and took good care of your car.. if so then 425 should not be much of an issue.. of course you will also need some supporting mods..

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GT500 fuel system...better spark plugs...and better fuel injectors? Any other supporting mods?

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
The stock motor will handle 425-450 rwhp without batting an eye with a good tune, good fuel, and good maintenance. There are plenty of guys making high 400 rwhp and even 500+ rwhp with the stock motor including myself. I think all of them will agree the most important part is having a great tune and good fuel.

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
If you buy a Roush TVS, do not buy it from American Muscle.

I have a Roush TVS making 524 rwhp and 501 rwhp detuned on ~11 lbs of boost.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
American Muscle claims that the Roush R2300 Mustang Supercharger Kit can push between 525-700 HP, is that a Hoax? Heres a link Roush R2300 Mustang Supercharger Kit - Black (05-09 GT) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! of course that's 700hp at the engine, but still that should produce a pretty high RWHP right? Just wondering...
A guy on Fnsweet is making 697 RWHP with a TVS. He has a modded intake (Steeda) and a bigger throttle body, kooks longtubes, and a smaller snout pulley (2.8 inch vs the stock 3 inch), but the blower itself is untouched.

His webpage is here, and the dyno chart on his webpage are old...I *think* read that he made 705 on one of his pulls, but anyway, high sixxes is certainly attainable.

BTW I think all those numbers are STD...so SAE would be lower but still high sixxes.

P51 Roush Dyno Results |

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
The stock motor will handle 425-450 rwhp without batting an eye with a good tune, good fuel, and good maintenance. There are plenty of guys making high 400 rwhp and even 500+ rwhp with the stock motor including myself. I think all of them will agree the most important part is having a great tune and good fuel.
Dis.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
There are a lot of guys making over 450 to the tires and quite a few making over 500 to the tires on the stock bottom end. It is all in the tune man, just make sure you go to a reputable tuner.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I only made about about 450rwhp before mine popped.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
A guy on Fnsweet is making 697 RWHP with a TVS. He has a modded intake (Steeda) and a bigger throttle body, kooks longtubes, and a smaller snout pulley (2.8 inch vs the stock 3 inch), but the blower itself is untouched.
That's not a Steeda intake. It's the Ford GT intake tube with a Cobra Jet MAF tube.

I only made about about 450rwhp before mine popped.
Well, I guess we can all figure out that there was something not right in the tune or the fuel. Didn't we all come to the conclusion that your car had detonation?

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
That's not a Steeda intake. It's the Ford GT intake tube with a Cobra Jet MAF tube.

Well, I guess we can all figure out that there was something not right in the tune or the fuel. Didn't we all come to the conclusion that your car had detonation?
Aaaahhhhh.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yeah we sure did just saying that a motor can blow at any time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have an 05 that has has 75,000 on stock motor with a Saleen S/C and 4.10 gears. Boost is 4.5 and rwhp is 380. Not a single problem. Saleen is the way to go.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts