Modded Mustang Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
thanks i think im gonna look at some slicks and shocks next then, but im gonna leave the interior in there, and shoot for a 2.0 or 2.1 60' thanks so far it has gone 9.6 @74.50 in the 1/8 with all four cats and flowmasters we'll find out more this weekend :)

the tps voltage can increase your throttle response. it wont make a huge difference but every little bit helps.

All the 3.8L Fords from 90-95 seem to have them, Sables, Lincolns, Taurus’ you get the idea. Easy to pull, two bolts and clip the wires.

but just take a piece of string cut it to the right length measure it and go by the right one.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
i still want to be able to pass smog with doing very little work to make it pass easy and i can do it in one day the short belt is all im lookin for im just gonna put it on at the strip

i still want to be able to pass smog with doing very little work to make it pass easy and i can do it in one day the short belt is all im lookin for im just gonna put it on at the strip
You won't be able to run the stock catted h pipe without the smog pump... reason being the smog pump keeps the cats cool and without it the stock h pipe tends to over heat and clog or catch on fire.

Not sure exactly how long you have to run without the smog pump to do this but i've seen it happen to a friend and it was pretty damn funny. If your just looking for a shorter belt for the few times a year your at the strip then you might be ok with it I don't know but i'd prob just opt to do without a belt all together. Have a friend pop the belt off, do your burn out and stage. Make your run pull over and put belt back on then drop back to pits/staging lanes. You need pretty healthy battery for that though

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.