Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MM Addict
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 75mm throttlebody im so eager to slap on would it be okay to run with the stock maf sensor? i bought a maf but it didnt work out lol...

will it hurt the car if i run it that way

·
MM Addict
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cobra intake manifold
3.55 gears
ported e7s
msd ignition
xpipe
flowmaster40s
pro5.0 short throw shifter
electric fan
be cool radiator
march performance under drive pullies..
stock shortys

·
Registered
397 Posts
Cobra intake is 70. I believe you can machine it put to make it match.
75 is to big for what you have.
My old setup had a cobra intake and 70 tb and Ran good on stock everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
65mm sounds about right for your engine. The factory MAF is only 55mm so it's kind of a waist putting a bigger throttle body without a bigger mass air, it will definatily be a restriction!

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Athough ive heard that cobra intakes come with a 70 mm opening, mine did not. Maybe i had one of those cheap china ones.... who knows. And ways im guessing, cuz i didnt measure but i think mine was closer to 65mm. I ported it to 70 mm.

One thing you dont want is to put a bigger tb , then the open on the intake. It causes the air to hit a lip. If your dead set on using the 75 mm tb, then id port match the intake to the tb size

Normally you want the mass air meter to be the same size or bigger then the tb..... never smaller. Doing the reverse i dont believe will hurt you but it does making having a bigger tb pointless. Also having the intake opening smaller then the tb..... makes the tb pointless to. So at this point in time, your tb upgrade is not really needed

·
MM Addict
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i dont plan on keeping stock maf lol.. i was just saying would it be okay to go ahead and throw it on my car until i get enough for a different maf

1 - 12 of 12 Posts