Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hellos, well if you look at my post count im new, im here to get some info.

I am wondering what the limit of a stock 99-04 motor (pistons rods whatnot) is.??? also what are some common first mods and how much HP do they give? ive heard the mustangs are cheap and easy to make fast, is this true?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
i dont know about cheap..but i think its one of the best bangs for your buck..and there going to tell you to look at that first mod post here..ill say a tuner is the best.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the foxes are, thats for sure. the modulars are a little more expensive. if no headwork is done, look at 450rwhp max, and that could be pushing it depending on mods and motor abuse. the pistons will just burn a hole or crack generally, the rods is what will do most damage if they go.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i read through that mods list, from what i get exhaust and gears are the first mods usually? a tuner? what exactly does that do?

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
when you get a tuner you can adjust your air to fuel ratio, take off the check engine lights when running an aftermarket exhaust without cats, correct the speedometer when you get different gears, tires, and or wheels.etc etc etc the tuner is a very good mod... if i wasnt 17 and had the money id already have one. my friend let me use his tuner for the day and i could feel the difference pulling out of a parking lot when i got on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts