Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
got a 2007 3v with a non IC novi 1200, mutha thumpr cams, and a jegs intake (looks like a sniper intake knock off).
I know the set up is horrible for low-end power, although i make tons of power above 5500rpm. I get spanked by any newer camaros, mustangs, corvettes etc at the stab on a roll but am on their back bumper every time since of the low-end power problem. I want to make boost in the lower RPMs.

Would you guys recommend going back to the stock intake with steeda delete plates? or would a smaller pulley help me out in down low boost? or a combo of both? I don't want to push over 12lbs of boost because I'm on stock internals still. Just looking to push my luck to show up some new fiddy's and LT1's. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jacob

·
Resident Headbanger
2,432 Posts
With your set up, all the power is from ~4500rpm upwards with little in the bottom end/midrange. If you're going to swap the stock intake manifold with delete plates back in, you might as well swap the stock cams back in as well. Of course you'll end up sacrificing HP and torque at higher rpm, but driveability will be vastly improved and you won't feel like you have a Jekyll and Hyde engine under the hood.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With your set up, all the power is from ~4500rpm upwards with little in the bottom end/midrange. If you're going to swap the stock intake manifold with delete plates back in, you might as well swap the stock cams back in as well. Of course you'll end up sacrificing HP and torque at higher rpm, but driveability will be vastly improved and you won't feel like you have a Jekyll and Hyde engine under the hood.
Driving around town and highway is extremely well for what it is. I have a 3.6" pulley I'm going to install. Deciding if I should go meth injection because I tried blow through with an intercooler and BOV but didn't do anything but give me problems. Just worried about the distribution with my intake manifold.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just wanted to add this if you’re still around,,,

You’re always going to get dusted if you are trying to run against any of these…

any newer camaros, mustangs, corvettes etc at the stab
If you want to run against these cars, an older stock-bottomed 3v with a centri-blower isn’t going to cut it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts