Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a manual, but that's going to cost me about 3-3,500 to get swapped out.. So I'm curious... Should I build my automatic? Shift-Kit, etc... or go manual?

I'm not going to be at the strip every day, but I'm looking at around 500rwhp trying to figure out what I want to do.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Leave the 4r and don't **** with swapping it. It can be built stronger and you'll go faster. 500rwhp isn't a big deal for a 4r

·
Registered
255 Posts
It depends on what you want. If you want a manual and have funds for the swap, then do it. Building the auto is definitely the cheaper way to go. Most people will say build the auto. I did the manual swap, and I love it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Why will it cost that much to do the swap? I swapped mine for 2300ish. Got a freshly rebuilt TKO600, and a used Lakewood scatter shield, but I bought everything else new and I purchased good quality parts. Spec alum flywheel, Ford Racing alum d/s, RAM clutch, etc.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why will it cost that much to do the swap? I swapped mine for 2300ish. Got a freshly rebuilt TKO600, and a used Lakewood scatter shield, but I bought everything else new and I purchased good quality parts. Spec alum flywheel, Ford Racing alum d/s, RAM clutch, etc.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Because I'm going to have to pay a shop to do it, considering I'm not very mechanically inclined and don't want to mess something like the transmission up.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
If you really want a 5 speed sell your car and buy a 5 speed.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
You obviously don't know much about quarter mile times. An automatic is really hard to beat. I mean really hard to beat.

Do what you want but if all you are after is a fun DD then swap the transmissions. If you want a fast car built the auto.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Either shell out the cash for a tko600 or t56 or just build your auto. If your gonna do it do it right. I say swap it autos are no fun on the street.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I would go manual. But I'm bias and haven't owned an automatic car in over 8 years..

It's just preference

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
I have never been bored with my auto. Built it and you'll see what I mean

·
K1w1
941 Posts

·
Registered
22,813 Posts
Automatics are boring, I had one for less than 2 months before I sold it so I could get a manual again. Nothing fun about them.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Go fetch a ride in a stalled auto. Very fun, you can even get a manual valve body so you can shift your self.

·
Registered
22,813 Posts
:no no such thing as a fun automatic. Also that manual valve body stuff just sounds like someone that wants to drive like a manual, but if given one couldn't.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
So a wot box and 2 step doesn't sound like a tran brake auto? Sounds like someone needs help from electronics to go faster and be more consistant.

Ill gladly race any stick shift car posted on this tread and have a blast bussing them.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts