Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
They changed it to the 4.6 in 96 for the mustang, but the explorer still had the 5.0 for a few years after.. not exactly sure what year they switched in the explorer.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Sure, if someone put it in there. My 89 has a 94 block in it. But if they put the block in there, who knows if the internals are still stock. Chances are, if its a 91, they probably didn't swap out the forged for the hyperpathetics, but its not impossible.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I couldn't tell you exactly what they are made of offhand, but they have a tendancy to shatter when detonation or big power presents itself. In general forged pistons will put up with a lot more abuse. I think the only real upside to hypereutectics is that they are lighter and allow for quicker revving... and also cheaper.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I couldn't tell you exactly what they are made of offhand, but they have a tendancy to shatter when detonation or big power presents itself. In general forged pistons will put up with a lot more abuse. I think the only real upside to hypereutectics is that they are lighter and allow for quicker revving... and also cheaper.
yeah im pretty sure the main reason for them was because they were lighter....but not worth it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts