Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I am about to purchase a Ford racing X-pipe, new for $85

How would it sound with the stock mufflers?

Anyone have some videos? I only found 1 video and here it is, I also have Pypes Street Pro axle backs, I have them in the Garage, Is it true these are for v6 mustangs?

Well heres a video, Any other guys running the stock Mufflers with a catted X-pipe?

I'm assuming the cats stay in place and I just replace the H pipe with the Xpipe

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Deletes sound good, hmm I wanted something nice, not too loud, But a nice performance sound, i was thinking about pypes muffler deletes and Keeping the stock cats and H-pipe but I don't know how much louder that would make it.

I just dont want to run the street pros, because of the ear ringing drone underload or at Highway speeds

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sure, go get it. For that price and 100 or so to install, you cant lose.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry i don't have anything other than at idle

Sounds cammed. ha, Yea I know for the price it's awesome, but I do have to cut out the stock H pipe, I just dont want to regret cutting it out.

Will I see any hp or torque gains?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Pypes m80 mid muffler cat back sounds amazing with stock everything. But i want louder and i am going to get a o/r x or h cant decide yet

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That looks awsome, I have a set of pypes Pro Street Axlebacks, I would rather have the catback system with m80, But do you think the xpipe will help the drone if I keep the Pypes?

Heres a clip of the sound with just the pro street axle back

Or would x-pipe and stockers sound better.

I'm stuck with the axle back so If it sounds better after the x pipe then why not keep it it you know?:confused:

·
Samurai Vomit Magnet
4,259 Posts
You can reuse the stock cats, theyre not that bad.

And heres my setup, all Pypes. Click on the red text for without headers.

·
Registered
91 Posts
the chambered mufflers are going to drone no matter what midpipe you're running.

if you're trying to get rid of the drone the m80s or muffler deletes are a great choice, i've ran both with no drone at all.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the chambered mufflers are going to drone no matter what midpipe you're running.

if you're trying to get rid of the drone the m80s or muffler deletes are a great choice, i've ran both with no drone at all.
The M80 set up sounds great but it's still kinda pricy, I know it's cheap but im paying through college and the car, Just tryin to get the most bang for the buck and i'm out $200 on these street pros, which were sold to me as Violators

·
Registered
91 Posts
You can buy m80s separate from pypes, I thunk they're like $80 a piece.

Im in the same boat, but unfortunately the drone is the nature of chambered mufflers.

If you were to put in the cut & clamp x pipe with the stock mufflers I don't think it would drone but it wouldn't be much louder than stock (if at all), the x pipe woul just hangs the tone of the exhaust

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That sounds cool, I am actually going to go ahead and try some muffler Deletes, from Pypes, a Cool dude from the board is gonna sell em to me, Ive looked around, these sound pretty good, Anyone running the pypes muffler delete with the stock cats and h pipe?

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
That sounds cool, I am actually going to go ahead and try some muffler Deletes, from Pypes, a Cool dude from the board is gonna sell em to me, Ive looked around, these sound pretty good, Anyone running the pypes muffler delete with the stock cats and h pipe?
I used to and I loved it. Now I run the pypes o/r x and stock mufflers. Love that too.

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Sounds good, I am going with the deletes for now, and ordering the x-pipe, I can always throw the Stockers back on
Good luck hearing with the x and the deletes. When you step on it its fun for about a half hour, after that you want to die.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol damn not too many stang sround my area, except 2 with roush stickers and body kits, They both sound like they are under water. So I havnt heard many different setups.. In that case, Ill test out the pypes deletes with the stock cats and h pipe, I hope this doesnt want to make me kill myself, I want the mustang to have a nice performance sound without being obnoxiously loud....My girl rides with me a lot and I am on the road a lot, 18 miles to school, then 18 back and another 6 roundtrip to work.... Dont get me wrong, Ive owned muscle cars with straight pipes, cherry bombs and flowmasters, and i love loud cars, but this is more of a DD

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
x-pipe will really make your car will sound a lot different.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
w/ just the deletes my car droned like crazy around cruising speeds. i added the frpp x pipe and it all went away. car got louder out back and quieter inside with the windows either up or down.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts