1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
there is no USB port on the back, sorry

·
Registered
18 Posts
Agreed - Pretty much any head unit on the market with iPod functionality is going to provide you with better sound. One thing to consider though is that the Shaker 500 is pre-equalized for those speakers, which is the only reason it sounds decent. The speakers themselves are pretty poor quality. Between a head unit, four decent 5x7 speakers, and all the necessary harnesses you're looking at an investment of less than $300 when ordered online. I'd suggest Crutchfield as you'll be getting the wiring + kit for free, and their customer service is top notch.

Trust me, it's worth it...

(One note on Crutchfield though - They will try and sell you this ridiculous $100+ piece and tell you it's necessary to "properly" integrate the system. It's not. Have them send you the Metra harness for the amplified system. Tie a 1.5K Ohm resistor into the amp on wire and you're done.)

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Anyone reccomend any In Dash Touch Screen HU's for relatively cheap, and I want a a REAR USB port?
dude you have another thread about that specific question, with tons of reccomendations, go to your local car audio shop an check out what they have. if you dont like the price look on the internet.

we put this in my friends explorer. nice HU does everything you want. he got the refurb with no problems whatsoever

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD - for $350 at Electra Warehouse | 6.1" Touch Screen Monitor Double DIN DVD Receiver with USB Direct Control and Front AUX Input (Refurbished)

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
/end thread

1 - 9 of 9 Posts