Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a complete 5.0 out of a 94 gt and I am currently in the process of installing it into my 91. I think i may have if not most of the fox front dress and harnesses along with the dress and harnesses on the motor but just to be sure what exactly do i need to have/ have done in order for this swap to work (this is my first motor swap)? To make note I have a qa1 k-member battery replacement kit, t5 transmission, and an electric fan installed in the fox as well. My goal is to have this project done by new years.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Is the t5 out of a fox or an SN? Also you'll need a fox throttle body cable and throttle body. Shouldn't be too much other than that. At least not that I can think of off top my head. It's a pretty straight forward swap if you have all of the front accessories

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
756 Posts
You will want to swap everything from the fox onto the sn95 engine that you can. Distributor, wiring harness, fox style upper intake, fox headers (or just plug the egr tube), if you swap to fox accessories you will need a fox timing cover, waterpump and HB. I am sure there are things I am missing. Also the SN95 transmission has a longer bellhousing and input shaft than the fox version.

·
Registered
756 Posts
It may be. I know that the SN guys have issues with them slipping and giving a misread for timing, was not sure if the fox guys had that same issue or not.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A fox throttle body will fit and work on an sn95 intake? I thought I could splice the wiring to make the sn95 tb work?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Fox throttlebody will not work on a SN intake. You will want a fox style upper as I mentioned. You will need to get a sn95 throttle cable and bracket otherwise.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the guy i bought the motor off of included a cold air intake for it, would that be any good if i were to install it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts