Modded Mustang Forums banner

stock throttle body size?

39K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  tmoss 
#1 ·
Was just wondering what the stock throttle body size is? 65mm?

#9 ·
I beleive you can measure the opening with a caliper which will give measurement in inches and then you would have to convert the into millimeters and see how close to 60mm your measurement is.

#14 ·
measure it, it is 59.

the stock MAF is 55, I think the 93 cobra had a larger MAF and 65mm throttle body

#20 ·
do yourself a favor and measure a stock throttle body before perpetuating the rumor that it is 60mm. It is 59mm.

#23 · (Edited)
do yourself a favor and measure a stock throttle body before perpetuating the rumor that it is 60mm. It is 59mm.
Well ford says its 60mm in all there manuels LOL so if its a 59mm it must be a 60mm to them. Hell who knows!! I'm not a gear head but if ford says it ...this lemming is going to stick it back on his car if it breaks!:eek: lol

#27 ·
I've measured them up to 62mm at the rear - they do vary but it's the throttle blade area that matters - gotta get in there with a snap guage if you really want to know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.