Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear JLT is the best because it is plastic but how much power are you really going to gain with a JLT intake, when the stock one is plastic anyway? The stock one is near the fenderwell anyway.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
lol lol...

near the fenderwell but still in the engine compartment with all that hot air the engine gives off...just like when you open a hood with a hot engine all the hot air blows in your face...and the piping on the jlt is huge...

never heard any complaints from the jlt

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
no complaint's, you've gotta be kidding, do a search, every other tread about a JLT has something to do with how someone hydo-locked their motor 'cause of the retarded fitler mounting location or cracked tubing.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
yeah i thought jlt was one of the cheaper made ones that people try to avoid. Just what i read and concluded. Maybe not?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
retarded filter location? c&l which is a reputable company puts there fender mounted kit in the same place don't they?

the only thing i've ever heard is the cracked tubin on occasion and it is always replaced for free...i've heard nothing but good bout them...and out of 19 reviews on american muscle its got five out of five stars so apparently most people like theirs.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
lotta hype & a bunch of pvc pipe's. looks like somebody raided Home Depot.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
lol... like i said man, i dont know. I dont fool with the "CAI" bs. Ive ALWAYS thought they werent worth ****. Everybody and their uncles grandma has a Cold air intake on there car/truck whether it be a kia, honda, suzuki, etc. Sometimes its funny. I have people sometimes hear my whistle from my blower and they say "Is that a CAI?" Ill be like "**** No, what is a CAI? Its a ****ing blower". LOL.

Reactions: casper gt

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
retarded filter location? c&l which is a reputable company puts there fender mounted kit in the same place don't they?

the only thing i've ever heard is the cracked tubin on occasion and it is always replaced for free...i've heard nothing but good bout them...and out of 19 reviews on american muscle its got five out of five stars so apparently most people like theirs.
the under hood version of the JLT isn't what I'm talking about, neither are you in your first post, I'm talking about the in the fender well JLT. I'm not making this stuff up, do a search on here & you'll see what I'm talking about. as to the rating on AM, I alway's base my purcheses off the real world, not a rating on a vendor's web site.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
yeah i dont see an item on a website saying "this is a shitty piece, dont buy it" and 64 ratings all one star. LOL.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
yeah i dont see an item on a website saying "this is a shitty piece, dont buy it" and 64 ratings all one star. LOL.
:lmao:lmao.....................thats some funny ****!.............rep's

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Alot of companies have fenderwell filters. That is the best place for the coolest air. The only difference in the JLT one is that the MAF is in the fenderwell, also, so it is before the bend in the tube. Everyone knows that the best place for the maf for the best results is before the air tumbles around the turn. I have never hydrolocked mine, but if I ever blow it up I guess I will try to blame it on the JLT also. Yes, if you install your filter improperly and it falls off, and you run through enough water to get it high enough to go over the bend in the tube, then yes, I can see enough water going in to hydrolock it. Water has to travel straight up through a filter and about 12 or more inches just to get to the bend in the tube. If you can have a scoop at the bottom of your car for a ram air system and not hydrolock it, then how can you put your filter in a "ENCLOSED" fenderwell and it hydrolocks. The problem with the stock one is the tube is not smooth and the filter is restrictive. On a stock car you will not benefit enough from a JLT to justify the price, and you would get more out of your money just getting a high flow filter.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
while it's true most cai's put the filter in the fenderwell, no one else's hang's as low due to the increased length of the maf sensor. beside's that you don't need niagra fall's in your motor to hydro-lock it, a couple of ounce's is plenty. would be fine I guess if you never got caught in the rain & didn't mind replacing broken tubes, my point is that some people talk about it like it's the wheel & it clearly is not.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
As far as replacing broken tubes? The only JLT tubes I have seen that broke were due to people rushing or being lazy and not adjusting them so they were not constantly rubbing on something. So, no, I have never had to stand in the rain to change a tube, yet.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
lol.. I have people sometimes hear my whistle from my blower and they say "Is that a CAI?" LOL.
Lol, thats funny because I had people asking me if I had a blower after I installed my CAI. It does sound better, but I think thats the only benefit over the K&N filter I had.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I meant driving in the rain & changing tubes but not at the same time :D. now that would really suck :eek:. if your having good luck with yours, then great, glad to hear it, not trying to bust balls about a CAI, just stating what seem's to be pretty common to me.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I meant driving in the rain & changing tubes but not at the same time :D. now that would really suck :eek:. if your having good luck with yours, then great, glad to hear it, not trying to bust balls about a CAI, just stating what seem's to be pretty common to me.
Yeah, I hear you, I am not trying to push it on him. I suggested just getting a K&N filter. Its about 1/4 the price and just as much gains IMO for a stock car. If it had some heads and cams that would be a different story.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I didnt like mine, I couldnt get the strut tower brace to bolt back down since the tube was so big, and since my engine is stock, the big tube was pointless anyway. I ended up just going with an open K&N style filter and leaving the tube stock, it works out just fine that way now.
My opinion is that unless you have a bigger intake, TB, and plenum, and your engine NEEDS the extra air, there really isnt any worth while gains to be had. Spend the money on something else!

·
Registered
978 Posts
My opinion is that unless you have a bigger intake, TB, and plenum, and your engine NEEDS the extra air, there really isnt any worth while gains to be had. Spend the money on something else![/QUOTE]

+1.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
personally, i hate JLT. the RAI from JLT is still in the engine compartment, C&L has theirs located there as well. the CAI from JLT is in the fender. i have heard bad from fender intakes because of water. i ran a fenderwell intake on mine for a while with no issue, but i just went to a C&L when i got the chance.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts