Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the afternoon yesterday to install these... all four wheels, from R1Concepts. $325 for all rotors and Hawk Ceramics.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Shoulda upgraded to the Cobra brakes ;)

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn you Lefty! Too expensive man, and I didn't wanna have to change EVERYTHING by going to a bigger size. I'm not fast enough, and don't go fast enough to need that much more braking power. I love the feel of what I got, I recommend R1, they are pretty cheap, but good quality, OEM specifications, and they did the drilling/slotting when I ordered them.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
I'm just messin' w/ ya :D

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know L ... It's definitely better than stock I say, I think the pads have about equal input in that, not a crazy improvement, but I didn't expect it to be. The looks of it makes it worthwhile in my opinion, so even a small performance upgrade is satisfactory.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Mach 1 13" Brakes can be had for as low as $200..Just saying.

What you have done looks great either way and i would love to do it but i refuse to until i get 13" ers up front.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Looks great man! I was thinking about doing this also. How hard was the install?

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I know L ... It's definitely better than stock I say, I think the pads have about equal input in that, not a crazy improvement, but I didn't expect it to be. The looks of it makes it worthwhile in my opinion, so even a small performance upgrade is satisfactory.
no not at all. I was just wondering because i need brakes right now, and i want to do Cobra brakes but money is tight right now. i have too many things i want haha.

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Install is easy. 4 bolts per wheel, if you haven't replaced your rotors you'll prolly have the clips still on 2 studs of each wheel, besides that the rotor comes right off, put new one in, spray disc brake quiet on the pads (takes 10 minutes to set). Install caliper guard with 2 of the 4 bolts. Put new pads on (save pad clips from stock they normally don't come with new brakes). Then use a c-clamp (for front brakes) to push each piston back into the calipers. There's a tool for the rears, you have to turn those pistons (one on each side). Advanced sells a universal one (it fits on a 1/4" socket). I had to modify it slightly by filing some studs down, but it works great now. Re-install caliper with the other 2 bolts. Done. Besides the actual wheel of course. Shouldn't have to bleed the system if you keep the lines attached. Drive low speeds to test them out, then a couple 45mph stops. Maybe a few strange noises right after install, its just the pads and everything re-seating.

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Power Shift I know how it goes with the wish list. Slowly but surely... As I said I recommend R1Concepts, they work great. They are stock size, as I already said I don't require anything bigger at this point.

Link to Mach 1 brakes? Just the rotors or what? Throw pads and calipers on top of that price...

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Let us know how the finish last as well. I have heard alot of rotors that are drilled/slotted tend to lose the shiny finish very shortly, or tend to start showing rust.

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Will do. I can already say that my friend has the same rotors on his Expo (well, for the expo, but same style) and they still look good, no issues what so ever, its been maybe 6 months he's had them.

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And I forgot to mention... I had to include the fender emblem in one of the pics cuz they're on the correct sides now :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts