Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all think about straight piping a sixxer with dual exhaust with the exhaust dumped right after the muffler? What will it do performance wise ans sound wise?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i guess saying striaght piped wasnt the right words. what i want to do is knock the cats out. sorry for the confusion

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cuz the precats are already gone bc they got clogged up so i knocked them out and saw an improvement in gas mileage by 3 mpg. i havent decided on either removing them and replacing them with a piece of pipe or gutting them. wouldnt they both do the same thing since there wouldnt be any insides? emissions isnt a problem around here, you just have to know where to take it.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
if you remove your cats you'll need a good midpipe and nice muffler setup to not sound ricey

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it sounds good now especially at idle. it has a nice deep tone to it but im wondering what it would sound like if i put the tailpipes back on it? im just leery about knocking the cats out bc i dont want it to soud like s**t.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
it sounds good now especially at idle. it has a nice deep tone to it but im wondering what it would sound like if i put the tailpipes back on it? im just leery about knocking the cats out bc i dont want it to soud like s**t.
oh believe me i know what it sounds like...both now and after the cats are off

1 - 20 of 25 Posts