Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock muffler is practically falling off.... too old. If I do a no cat, straight dual set up. What should I expect out of it . Any gains or losses?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yup. Weight gains with duals. If you are going for looks though, sexiest mustangs ever have the dual chrome slant cut SS tips... Mmmm... dont do true duals off the header/manifold. Y-pipe it near the back. Less weight that way.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Honestly, nothing except; more weight a headache and some permanent hearing loss. If you had a full blown race motor, this might be of value to you, but not in this case. For the sake of argument, let’s say that you did see a big increase in gas flow from this (you won’t), now you would need to change fuel trims in order to compensate for the lower back pressure in order to realize a power increase. If you are going to spend some money on mods, make the money count and install a header with some 2.5” piping and a regular muffler. Yes, I know that’s what everyone else is doing and that’s because it really works!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i went out to look at different mufflers and ended up getting a super 44 magnaflow muffler. i went out to a nearby muffler shop and got it installed to 50 bucks and let me tell ya ,,, i love the sound. its just perfect. not too (in your face) it has a very deep tone to it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
by anychance did you mean to say flowmaster. if so then thanks for the feed back because im looking for a new setup to get a nice deep rumble from the stang

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes lol i realized that i wrote that very late ha!! but yea i love the sound and i also had that gut feeling of a gain in some torque but thats just me

·
Registered
660 Posts
on my '91 i used a walker sound fx 5.0 muffler and 5.0 LX tailpipe with a ranger header and hi flow cat. At idle it sounds like a V8, and at speed it sounds loud enough to notice with a decent tone for a 4 banger.

No retarded tractor or weed wacker Honda sound here...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts