Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty shure that the straight pypes will be lowder, but which one will give me better gains?

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
By straight "pypes" do you mean no mufflers? Or are you referring to the brand "pypes"? If you mean no mufflers then obviously that would be louder, as far as performance goes it all matters what u have done to your car to see what would better suit your needs.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Flowmasters will give you better performance..get the super 40s...they sound best...amd give you better performance..and still perty loud...I got cherrybombs but have been considering going to flowmaster super 40's

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Shnouz...anychance of a sound clip? Idling? Revving? Take off maybe lol...I'm considering them but I like being different and I don't know of anybody else running cherrybombs

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I used to have Cherry Bombs on my 64 Impala. I loved those things. lol. How do they sound on a Mustang?

·
Registered
177 Posts
i currently dont... but let me see if i can find the wire for my digi camera and maybe i can get one posted up by tomorrow

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Thanks M.P. That would be greatly apreciated...and they sound good but just to be clear they're the lil muffler not the cherrybomb glasspacks...I believe they're called cherrybomb extremes

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
ive heard the cherrybomb extreme on a 2 valve,sounded like ****,but i didnt think the car needed to sound like a truck

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Well mine with no cats and the stock h-pipe sounds sweet...not like a truck....reminds me of slp but a lot deeper

·
Registered
374 Posts
hm for gains you need to do a free flowing mid pipe as well but for the cat back thats going to be more driver preference than power gain. Uh whether you like or not dodge trucks and mustangs sound a hell ton alike just true dual's and a v8. if by straight pipes you mean old school 2 straight pipe from the mufflers back they sound wicked going up the power band sound like a hell and a train wreck coming down though yuck.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
A dodge??? I have a friend ruuning straights on his 02...sounds like our friends 02 ford straighted...not a dodge....they sound way diff...got a friend with a 01 dodge and a 04 both straight...both remind me of a chevy or older non modular ford

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I still have cats, but after 4000 rpms coming back down it gets raspy, so I think I might go with the o/r x, and shorty headers and flowmaster super 40 setup! I really like the in your face loudness of the straight pipes!

·
Registered
374 Posts
A dodge??? I have a friend ruuning straights on his 02...sounds like our friends 02 ford straighted...not a dodge....they sound way diff...got a friend with a 01 dodge and a 04 both straight...both remind me of a chevy or older non modular ford
a free flowing dodge truck with an h pipe sounds more like a mustang than you think you should live here in bristol more catless vehicles than hell!

·
Registered
24 Posts
a free flowing dodge truck with an h pipe sounds more like a mustang than you think you should live here in bristol more catless vehicles than hell!
yup everytime i hear a certain dodge truck in town i think its renagade, i think once he gets to 4k lol.

and i done a custom muffler delete on my s197 and i love the sound.

·
Registered
374 Posts
your envy cracks me up chris your car is loud as hell too:deadhorse

·
Registered
817 Posts
flowmasters are for pussies that want quality sound, how about you go straight h pipes off the headers into dumps, besides that gets all the women lookin at ur whip when u cruise.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts