Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been driving around with a 93 octane bama race tune for a while but I was only getting about 16.5 MPG so i switched to a 89 street tune and it somehow got even worse. around 15.8 MPG. So I decided to just do the 91 performance tune since i was getting horrible MPG anyways and now I get around 18.5 MPG..

I just find that to be quite strange. I ordered all 3 at the same time. All this is city MPG too I don't really ever drive on the highway.

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Calculate it by hand. And don't expect to get good mileage driving around the city. I never get above 17ish MPG driving around the city, calculated by hand.

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea thats true. I'm using the MPG reader on the dash, which obviously isn't very accurate.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Are you driving exactly the same on all tanks? Did you run all the fuel out before switching? Like stated above calculate by hand. I bet I get around 11 since when I decide to take her out I treat her right, lol.

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. everytime I fill up I reset everything to monitor it all. Obviously not on the race tune tho lol. I had way to much fun with that, which is why I tried the street tune.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I always keep my 91 race tune on, I haven't filled the tank up full for two years or so, mostly fill it up before winter to store it, but I start it 2 times a month and let it run for awhile so I never know!

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I drive mine almost every day lol so I have to constantly check my MPG cuz these damn gas prices lol. But surprisingly I only fill up every two weeks or so.

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
It seems like I add gas* every 3 days lol. Not a fill up -- I never let it get lower than a half tank...so I just add a few gallons here n there.
I'm using a 93 Race tune, too.. Not these new, weak tunes they're giving out nowadays either, it's the old school bama tune..the ferocious ones.

That's probably why I'm always broke lol

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Why did they change them?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i use my 91 race all the time and i get 17-18 mpg city and 23-24 hwy if i stay at a steady speed. the o/r prochamber helped mpgs quite a bit

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It seems like I'm getting around 18.5ish with my 91 performance tune. I'm gonna do the math out tho and then try the 93 race tune to compare. Cuz the race tune is way too fun to give up lol

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I have a "hybrid" tune right now. I got 25.5 yesterday on a trip. Stayed at about 60-65. My city was right around 18.5-19. I'm going to switch back to my race tune and see what happens. Not all that impressed with my hybrid tune.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I wish I was getting your guys' mpg. I'm at about 14. :|

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
I get 17mpgs and thats getting on it driving in 4th gear around town.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts