Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Im thinking of getting a new suspension setup for my car, and was wondering if anyone has the strange adjustable shock and strut setup all the way around and how it feels and if the ford racing c springs would work fine with them and maybe any problems i would run into putting them in this will be my first time doing it.
Ill take any suggestions as well, thanks!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
use stock springs

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was wanting to lower it just a bit didnt mention that sorry whats a good spring to maybe go with the shocks to lower it an inch or so

·
Registered
346 Posts
I lowered my car last spring using the Eibach pro kit springs and Strange shocks/struts. It rides stiffer and is more jarring over the bigger bumps but nothing so bad that I want to put the stock springs back in. Doing the rear springs are a breeze, as well as the shocks/struts, but if it's your first time putting springs in, the front springs can be a bitch. Be careful taking them out. Also, you should probably look at getting a c/c plate kit to align the wheels after it is lowered. There isn't enough adjustment to get the camber back to where it should be when you lower it.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
I guess the point guys are trying to make is its a waste to put a drag racing shock on a car with road race style springs. There are a lit of shocks out there that are catered more to handling.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I guess the point guys are trying to make is its a waste to put a drag racing shock on a car with road race style springs. There are a lit of shocks out there that are catered more to handling.
Yes sir.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
I had Tokico blue struts/shocks in my car with sportline lowering springs... Lowered an inch and a half. Handled great with all season tires. Looks good too. I can only imagine if I had summer tires on and I had seats that supported me.. ;)

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome thanks for the input guys. i think ive got a pretty good idea on what i wanna do after reading a little bit more about it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts