Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a few days ago, taking off from a stop light, that if I have the RPM's over 3000 and slowly engage the clutch I have this strange noise coming from under the car. I dont hear the noise if I pop the clutch at that RPM. It's a hard sound to describe but it almost sounds like...Chewbacca from Star Wars, lol. I have just over 1000 miles on the clutch. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
500hp p1SC... nice

Been to the track? Launch much? if you've been babying the clutch... still working on making full pads to grab.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
500hp p1SC... nice

Been to the track? Launch much? if you've been babying the clutch... still working on making full pads to grab.
We've been out to sea so much the past year I havent been able to take it to the track.. :( Not many launches at that RPM. If I usually get into it's from a roll.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
I noticed a few days ago, taking off from a stop light, that if I have the RPM's over 3000 and slowly engage the clutch I have this strange noise coming from under the car. I dont hear the noise if I pop the clutch at that RPM. It's a hard sound to describe but it almost sounds like...Chewbacca from Star Wars, lol. I have just over 1000 miles on the clutch. Any ideas?
Slowly engaging a stage II clutch at 3k. Yea i would say you might hear some noises.

They dont like to be rode out.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I'm suprised you decided to install a Stage 2. IMHO, it's not a strong enough to support that kind of power. Rich is right though, they don't like to ridden, and if you get in traffic you will get that ****er hot.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Might be the tob mine makes a weird noise and wine somtimes. I have the spec 3+

·
August 08 ROTM
865 Posts
I have a Spec 2+ and don't have this noise.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I'm suprised you decided to install a Stage 2. IMHO, it's not a strong enough to support that kind of power. Rich is right though, they don't like to ridden, and if you get in traffic you will get that ****er hot.
Stage 2s are enough to support the power my stock clutch even works pretty good with my power allthough i think that it might be going but yea a stage 2 shoutld be sufficient

1 - 15 of 15 Posts