Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so i noticed when my sister came by today as she was leaving her car was making a strange whistling sound. At idle it wouldn't do it, only when the brake was released to go in reverse and when she accelerates. She said its never done that before and was the first time its ever done this. Has anyone experienced anything like this. Car is a 94, V6, 130,000 miles. I'm normally in the modular forum but since this isn't my car i thought i'd seek knowledge from you guys. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Does it have a cold air intake? Cuz that would cause it

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Whistling huh? Did it do it when she accelerated in drive? I'm thinking a possible vacuum leak. Small of course since it isn't audible at idle but becomes audible when the RPMs increase.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whistling huh? Did it do it when she accelerated in drive? I'm thinking a possible vacuum leak. Small of course since it isn't audible at idle but becomes audible when the RPMs increase.
Yeah it whistled when she accelerated away, car is in drive. When she's at idle with the brakes applied in reverse theirs no whistle, just simply letting off the brake and coasting backwards to back out of the driveway it would whistle again.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I think the first thing you should do is start up the car and go around the easily accessible gaskets (upper intake, TB, etc) with some water. Watch for bubbles. Bubbles mean vac leak.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the first thing you should do is start up the car and go around the easily accessible gaskets (upper intake, TB, etc) with some water. Watch for bubbles. Bubbles mean vac leak.
Thanks, i'll try that out tomorrow. Didn't have any time to look at the car today since she had to take off. Not like i'm the most knowledgeable guy when it comes to fixing cars so i probably wouldn't of done anything to fix it, which is why i'm asking here. Thanks again.

·
Formerly whyxitx
12,085 Posts
that'd be the turbo she's hiding from you :shiftyeyes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts