Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In a couple weeks I'm putting on Maximum Motorsports C/C plates, Maximum Motorsports bumpsteer kit, Steeda sport springs, and Tokico Illumina struts on my '01 GT.

Question is.... Are there some exact numbers for Caster, Camber, toe in/out, and anything else I can give my alignment shop for some good street driving?

Car is gonna be like most everyone's which is 99% DD and every once in a while going to drag strip and hopefully trying autocrossing one of these days.

I know there are factory Ford alignment numbers, but was thinking maybe there are some "better" numbers.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Just throw in -1 to -1.5 degrees of camber, depending on your front tires. If you have a low tread wear tire, i'd stick to a -1 degrees as -1.5 is pushing it, on the street. And then max your caster out.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Just throw in -1 to -1.5 degrees of camber, depending on your front tires. If you have a low tread wear tire, i'd stick to a -1 degrees as -1.5 is pushing it, on the street. And then max your caster out.
+1

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
0" toe in other wise above looks good
I would have a little more toe in as the OP stated he will be DD his car 99% of the time.

Also OP, make sure you sit in the drivers seat when you get in the alignment.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I would have a little more toe in as the OP stated he will be DD his car 99% of the time.

Also OP, make sure you sit in the drivers seat when you get in the alignment.
Why a little more toe in? Does this help the tires wear better? I'm getting an alignment Thursday and I'm curious to this as well.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
This (click here) is an excellent description and explanation of the suspension on our cars--see the Wheel Alignment section for specific answers to your questions...

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Why a little more toe in? Does this help the tires wear better? I'm getting an alignment Thursday and I'm curious to this as well.
Tires will wear evenly when you turn.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Mine is a daily driver. My specs are:

Camber: -0.8
Caster: 4.5
Toe: 0.12

·
Registered
462 Posts
A tad of toe in keeps the car from being darty. On a race only car zero toe keeps you from scrubbing speed with the tires. Thats been my experiance

·
Registered
784 Posts
the more toe in the more forgiving the car will be but it wont be very responsive more toe out helps the turn in alot but makes it a bit darty on the street and i prefer 0 toe in on the street just because its neutral but anyways

.12 toe in would be ok nice balance

1 - 13 of 13 Posts