Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
With the ludicrous increase in NVH that solid mounts provides, you'd have to be *some* masochist to consider that a good "street suspension" upgrade.
Aw c'mon, its not that bad, take the Zen approach, You Become One With The Engine.

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
Aw c'mon, its not that bad, take the Zen approach, You Become One With The Engine.
He could swap to all spherical bushings in the suspension as well, be one with the whole car.

·
Corner Carvin
149 Posts
BTW, why the termi steering rack OP? The Cobra R one has higher valving, if that's what you're looking for and is available from Summit.
Have a part number for this? :smile2:

To the OP:

My future suspension build consists of:
-H&R Super Sports
-Bilstien HD struts and shocks I would swap these for Koni yellow single adjustable dampers. Same quality, better performance adaptability
-MM CC Plates
-03/04 Cobra steering rack
-Bumpsteer tie rod ends
-03/04 Cobra Front Lower Control arms Spend a few bucks more and snag a set of tubular a-arms from MM to shed weight and push the tire forward a tad
-x2 lower ball joints
-Solid Steering rack Bushings Also pick up a solid steering shaft as well, it completes the package
-MM XD Rear lower Control arms
-MM Flsc
-Replace bushing in OEM rear upper control arms I wouldnt even bother with bushings and go straight to a panhard bar, they are not very expensive

Overall pretty good list, you hit the basics. Should be a fin car on the street. I put my suggestions in red. If what NileP said is correct, I would also opt for the Cobra R valving on the rack.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'll look into those if I end up just keeping my stock K member, and the reason I wanted to upgrade to a cobra rack, is cause my stock rack is leaking a bit from the right side. Figured I'd wait till a low mileage one pops up on a forum and hop on it

·
Corner Carvin
149 Posts
Honestly, unless your tracking your car/autocrossing pretty heavily, I wouldnt spend money on a k member. The cost of an MM k member is more than just 600 bucks. You have to buy coil-overs with it, a-arms and the correct dampers for the coil sleeves, if you dont have them already. Just my .02. I have a brembo caliper set and a k/member setup slated next for my car, but it sees track duty/autocross duty almost exclusively. I dont daily drive it.

If your planning to go the k member route, i would just get the aftermarket a-arms, see how you like it, and if you still want more, upgrade later. Also, I noticed you dont have any tires slated for an upgrade. Dont underestimate the power of a good tire. Worth their weight for the right set.

·
5,502 Posts

·
Corner Carvin
149 Posts
AGR Performance High Performance Rack and Pinions 715573 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

Not cheap, but it's definitely in my upgrade path along with the MM steering shaft. Just as soon as I get my 31 spline rear and torsen diff...

YOU ARE THE MAN! Thanks brotha. Ill snag this here pretty soon.

Side comment... Is a solid steering shaft dangerous on the street ?
NO!! Not at all! You just have more road feel. Let me tell ya, with my Corbeau fixed back seat, solid steering shaft/aluminum rack bushings and nothing but delrin on my IRS for bushings... I can feel an egg shell crack under my tires. HA. dont confuse that with a harsh ride, its not harsh or very vibration rich at all. You just have a great feeling for what the car is up to.

·
5,502 Posts
YOU ARE THE MAN! Thanks brotha. Ill snag this here pretty soon.
If you beat me to it, don't forget to make a thread detailing the piece and how it feels!

·
Corner Carvin
149 Posts
If you beat me to it, don't forget to make a thread detailing the piece and how it feels!
Will do. Iv been doing a crappy job of documenting my build. LOLI put the seats in the other day. I felt like a god driving around. Its amazing how much more power I have to turn the wheel now that my body doesnt move. I have to re-adjust my dampers because I found more oversteer due to not sliding around in the seat. LOL

21 - 30 of 30 Posts