Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need any advise from anyone about launching at the strip. I have never done it and don't even really know how it all works. How do I heat the tires up with a 5 speed and no line lock (yet) or do I heat them at all? What about gas in the tank.. should I run it low or would that make a difference? Staging tips... like I said this is gonna be my first time to drag.

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
well if your running street tires dont burnout it dosent help launching get staged make sure your stoped relese the breaks and give it enough gas to get you up to a good rpm start at about 2500 and go from there and when it turns green dump the clutch

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
+1 just spin em over one good time... take them down to about 25psi, i usually slip my clutch hard just enough that by the time its out, the tires chirp once. i cut reliable 2.0 60's with a slip from 2800. just my coins

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
What tires will be on? I'll assume you're on those BFG DRs.

You do want to burn out. Not a long one though. Drive around the waterbox. To burn out you push the brake down with the bottom of your right fott and push the gas with the top, then you work the clutch with your right.

To launch try dumping the clutch from 3 grand an see what happens. If you spin try slipping the clutch. If you hook keep bumping up the RPM you launch at until you spin.

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
:withhomo do a burnout if you have dr's but if your street tires then drive around the water box spin them one if you really want but to heat mine up i just go swerve in the parking lot befor i go up

·
Registered
818 Posts
don't wait for green on the tree to go...you should start your launch right after the last yellow light comes on...then give her hell!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts