Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for all who know about removing stripes from a Mustang. I recently bought a charcoal color 2007 Mustang. I love the car but I hate the stripes. They are silver and faded in some areas and in some areas you can see the charcoal paint coming through the tape/stripe. There are two stripes up the sides of the hood then they wrap around the sides of the car. I would really like to remove them because they make the car look bad. Does anyone have any recommendations on whether to bring it to a shop or do it myself? Also what chances do you think of color difference from where the stripes were at? Any feed back would be very helpful!! Thank you!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not a big deal, do it yourself. I used a heat gun and it took a little less than two hours to remove my stripes (hood, roof, trunk, spoiler). On my black 08 mustang their was some difference in color noticeable in the sun that I was able to polish out. The big thing was removing the caked on wax and other stuff on the edge of the stripe. However, 3m adhesive remover made removal much easier. Good luck!

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
A hair dryer works well if you don't have a heat gun. After that use an adhesive remover. Follow it up with an all in one polish and you should be just fine.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
NNote: if your paint has not been properly cared for, you will probably notice swirling where there were no stripes, and no swirling under the stripes. you might need a paint correction done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts