Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
both motors are on the ford racing website
now other than putting dish top pistons in both (cause im running twin turbo hopefully) which should i go with? give all opinions bad or good....now i do realize putting one big turbo will prob be cheaper an just as fast but...2 smaller turbos will spool quicker an besides IT LOOKS AWESOME!!! ive done major work to the outside of my car (if u look my sig says 95 gt but the pic has a 03 front end) and im wanting to step up the game under the hood to match im selling my lifted truck to pay for this new motor and have my mustang back

im leaning towards the 351 because of the larger cubic inches and the boost will respond better with the larger motor but something about a nascar spec motor just makes me smile:rolleyes:

thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
info on the 351 stroker

392 cu. in.
430 hp @ 5500 rpm (with headers, and a 750 CFM Holley carburetor not included)
450 lb-ft of torque @ 4000 rpm
9.7:1 compression ratio (nominal)
Forged pistons
Forged steel connecting rods
Hydraulic roller camshaft with .563" lift intake and 584" lift exhaust, duration at .050" is 232 degrees intake and 240 degrees exhaust
Double roller timing chain set M-6268-A302
Forged steel crankshaft
High-performance T-sump oil pan
Front sump fits most passenger cars that came factory equipped with front sump pan
Rear sump pan fits most Fox body cars
MSD billet distributor
Ford Racing aluminum GT-40 cylinder heads M-6049-X306 with 1.94" intake valves and 1.54" exhaust valves
Roller rocker arms M-6564-B351
Single plane “Victor Jr.” intake manifold M-9424-V351
New heavy-duty 5.8L “Sportsman ” block, oil and water pumps, performance oil pan, steel billet flywheel and high-performance harmonic balancer
Can be used in kit cars, street rods, Mustangs, Fox-bodied cars, and trucks

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and heres the info on the nascar series motor

347 cubic inches
405 hp @ 6000 rpm (with headers, and a 650 CFM Holley carburetor not included)
10.0:1 Compression ratio (nominal)
Forged pistons
Forged steel cap screw connecting rods
Hydraulic roller camshaft M-6250-F303, .528" lift intake and exhaust, duration at .050" is 226 degrees intake and exhaust
Double roller timing chain set M-6268-A302
High-performance rear sump circle track oil pan
Forged steel crankshaft
MSD billet distributor
Ford Racing aluminum "Z" cylinder heads M-6049-Z304DA with 2.02" intake valves and 1.60" exhaust valves
1.65 ratio roller rocker arms M-6564-F351
Single plane Victor Jr. intake manifold M-9424-D302
New heavy-duty race block, oil and water pumps, performance oil pan, and high-performance harmonic damper
Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required. See installation notes
Engine is sealed for circle track competition where rules allow
Engine is internally balanced, "0" balance flywheel required
Flywheel is not included
Designed for use in NASCAR Late Model Series

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you think i could build a 408 or something around there for 8 grand? im wanting the new boss 351 stroked to a 408

the 2 ford racing motors sell for around 7....which is a sweet price to me

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nub question im sure---the nascar motor says its a sealed motor...what does that mean?

·
Registered
649 Posts
i think the sealed motor means complete from intake to pan, complete engine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
do you think i could build a 408 or something around there for 8 grand? im wanting the new boss 351 stroked to a 408
Depending on how much the block is you could build a bad ass motor for that. I have a 351 that I'm paying 2700 to put in a forged rotating assembly and stroke it to a 408. I was looking at crate motors and long blocks but then I realized they can be built with a lot better parts for the same price.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
BTW a sealed motor means, it meets all the specs on the Nascar or latemodel rules... Meaning if you are accused of "cheating" they can see that the engine is sealed... but as soon as you take a valve cover off, it is no longer sealed....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts