Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i know there is probably another thread like this, but this is the only way i know ill get my answer, i plan on doing either a 408 or 428 stroker, aftermarket block yes....i plan on doing a f2 procharger at 20lbs of boost or so, just wondering what cc heads i should be looking into, i have looked into afr's alot but just wanna see what you all have to say?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
225 trickflows ftw....your starting to look at well over 1000 hp

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
you left out way too much info to even come close to getting an answer and there is next to noone on this forum that can give you an answer cause people here cant afford to build something like that.

what is your goal for the car?
streetable?
are you doing an outlaw class?
whith an f2 powered 408 your going to be looking at a 1200+ hp car 7-8 second 1/4 mile

this is not a forum for that. the best thing to do is to go to your local track and find a reputible engine builder and have a sit down to plan something out.

good luck if you go through with it that will be one hell of a powerplant.

·
Registered
287 Posts
E3sean, hows that motor coming along? I went ahead and bought some KB dome pistons looks like they will work. now i am just curious what kind of power this things gonna make..

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
you left out way too much info to even come close to getting an answer and there is next to noone on this forum that can give you an answer cause people here cant afford to build something like that.

what is your goal for the car?
streetable?
are you doing an outlaw class?
whith an f2 powered 408 your going to be looking at a 1200+ hp car 7-8 second 1/4 mile

this is not a forum for that. the best thing to do is to go to your local track and find a reputible engine builder and have a sit down to plan something out.

good luck if you go through with it that will be one hell of a powerplant.
Very good answer.....I have been on here a lot and didnt realize how much i didnt know about his question till i started to reply to it...that why i just thru the trickflow comment out there....because you just cant go wrong with a head like that.

But he is right....there are only gonna be a handful of people on here that can come close to relating the a build of that magnitude....Most of us are stock block kinda guys:pimp:rockon

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no and i realize that, 1000hp + for the car, i will drive it on the street from time to time, but no its not an all out race car either. what head would you recommend then for it....im just curoius, to many options and ppl saying to many diff types of heads so..and yes for those that are gonna say it, i do know how much this is gonna cost me and the price doesnt matter to me, i do know its gonna take me awhile for it 2. now i do realize it wont be that streetable either, im fully aware of that...im building it for some certain reasons also..

·
Registered
10 Posts
What kind of fuel are you willing to use? That will dictate alot of the build....

Something like a Brodix BF 202 might be right up your alley, or wait for a set of billet trickflow powerport SBF heads when they become more available. Think about the whole combo though, the heads aren't the entire build....

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh crap, i should have mentioned i plan on doing the meth injection and yea ill try calling them again...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
but running race gas, even 110 wont bug me at all, since i said it wont be driven that much on the street anyways

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well the meth injection kit to replace the race gas cost, but even with the cost wouldnt bother me, umm......rest of build as far as what exactly?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
well the meth injection kit to replace the race gas cost, but even with the cost wouldnt bother me, umm......rest of build as far as what exactly?

This dude gots tha monies

1 - 20 of 35 Posts