Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
i guess they are both on sale, i didn't get your pm.
hopefully i can buy the short block in 2 or 3 months, i can't wait to drive it.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
What year stock Cobra Cranks are good? are they forged and if they are good what power range are they good too? Sorry I am very new to the ford game. If it was a LSX block or LTX I could lay out the info pretty straight forward. Just trying to learn :)
The 96-04 cranks are all fogerd and strong as hell, seen many in combos that made over 1000rwhp.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have never heard that, I knew the 03-04' Cobra's were forged. But, I only have one buddy who has an actual has 97' Cobra and he replaced the crank with a Kellogg Crankshaft. That is good info to know. Thanks

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I have never heard that, I knew the 03-04' Cobra's were forged. But, I only have one buddy who has an actual has 97' Cobra and he replaced the crank with a Kellogg Crankshaft. That is good info to know. Thanks
Kellog makes the stock Cobra cranks.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thats Awesome! I have no complants there, what are the most popular rods people are running? I know LSX is Compstar Callies, what is 4.6 Modular? Manley? I havent found compstar callies for a 4.6 motor yet. If I do I would probabley run those. And, I would imagine piston choice is across the board Diamond Pistons. I have never had any issues with them...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Callies are great rods but are very much overkill (cost and performance). For high boost and/or high rpm the many aod oliver billets will work, at lower boost (2o psi and lower) and lower RPMs (under 8k) any of the H beams will work.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Sweet Good Advice, I have a front mount turbo system I ordered. I am going to be running under 20psi I believe and I would imagine I am not going to be rapping it over 8k. What is the life expectiancy of a billet 4.6 weekend racing it on 16psi-20psi rapping it to 8k with thestock cobra crank and diamond forged pistons 9.5 to 1? I would probabley run pump gas. But car would be trailered to track more than it is drove there.

Thanks Agian for all the good info, sorry I am milking you for it. I just like to build cars and this is my first Ford Build.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
You'll need a Sullivan intake or a 5" short runner to maek power at 8k with a turbo. I personnaly wouldn't take it over 7k. Also, you won't shift a T56 at 8k.

If you want a 5" short runner I can make ya one.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have been looking at MMR's Sheetmetal intake mainfold. It is on sale and has 4.8 inch runners and is very clean looking. I probabley am just going to go that route.

·
Banned
416 Posts
I want to see the dyno sheet of your 1000hp Camaro!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I want to see the dyno sheet of your 1000hp Camaro!
K, Ill get up on here for you. Im not sure why you are hating on it. I am running 23lbs of boost with Forged internals and have AFR heads, and a Direct Port Kit on it. I am sure it is capable of more than that. On just the blower it was in the 85x range. It is a complete built car with no short cuts and you can ask anyone on here that knows me about how that car is built nopinopwer, peckham racing. It has 24k after buying it in the car. Please dont come after me because I am a LSX guy, I like all cars man. And just enjoy car building.

What turbo kit you go with and you forgot to mention what your going to do for fuel....
On 3 performance forward facing turbo kit, and I am going to run 5lbs till i can get the MMR 900 hp entire fuel system. And, Just purchase the entire kit and do it all at once.

·
Banned
416 Posts
Not hating at all. More like LOVING! I wasn't asking it for proof. I just wanted to see a monster curve lol...

Just as a side note, that does NOT look like a nitrous + supercharger dyno... And that boost curve looks like a turbo boost curve. I am starting to get slightly suspicious. I also noticed you just changed the numbers in your signature...

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Dont worry bout a stroker. The 4.6 doesnt lend itself to gains from strokers. Also the piston is pulled out of the cylinder more than normal and can cause more wear.

·
Banned
416 Posts
Just this morning your signature said that you only made 800 something torque and now it's up in the 1000's... Also, boost on a centri supercharger doesn't level of like that. It is a positive slope that keeps going up with RPM

·
Registered
294 Posts
Dude I have had this car for like 8 years. My life goal is not memorise my dyno numbers the last time some one asked about this car was ? i dont even know. I was just throwing in the numbers that I have and I really dont give a rat a** if you dont believe me look through my old f quick link. I havent updated that thing in years and who knows what it was dynoing at that time.

You can ask around in Northern Colorado or the screen names I gave you. This car is straight business.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Not hating at all. More like LOVING! I wasn't asking it for proof. I just wanted to see a monster curve lol...

Just as a side note, that does NOT look like a nitrous + supercharger dyno... And that boost curve looks like a turbo boost curve. I am starting to get slightly suspicious. I also noticed you just changed the numbers in your signature...
Dont worry bout a stroker. The 4.6 doesnt lend itself to gains from strokers. Also the piston is pulled out of the cylinder more than normal and can cause more wear.
Thats What I have heard, if the stock crank is forged steel then I am just going to get rods and pistons and it go from there. Boost will fix the rest.

·
Banned
416 Posts
Dude I have had this car for like 8 years. My life goal is not memorise my dyno numbers the last time some one asked about this car was ? i dont even know. I was just throwing in the numbers that I have and I really dont give a rat a** if you dont believe me look through my old f quick link. I havent updated that thing in years and who knows what it was dynoing at that time.

You can ask around in Northern Colorado or the screen names I gave you. This car is straight business.
Upset much? lol So how are you going to explain that boost curve that is obviously wastegated (turbo)? Or the lack of a nitrous hit? lol... I'll explain it to you. It ain't your dyno graph. :)

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
really mfj who cars lol.......

and 99ls1 try looking at a glenn fuel system instead...or go with a fore triple pump intank setup...its cheaper than that **** and doesnt look as cheap and chessy lol...

21 - 40 of 54 Posts