Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know i know...stupid new guy and his stupid newb threads :confused:

anyhow

can someone explain to me what exactly these are and what they do...and what it means when my buddy keeps tellin me to "stroke" my motor (not in the sexual way) :no

i remember him tellin me something like, yea you should get a stroker kit and stroke your motor that way youll gain a bunch of power and it will wash all those miles off of your engine (101,00 fyi)

so yea lol just looking for a little clarification on what a stroker kit consists of, what i can do, and what the hell all this means so i can stop being left out of the cool conversations lol

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
ha.. in short its kinda like puttin different pedals on a bike with a different sprocket... long pedal shaft will make a longer stroke. short pedal shaft will increase stroke. bigger sprocket will increase torque. smaller sprocket will increase top speed. ha

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lmao i like that above explanation. :D

just one more question, if i "stroke" my motor (if that is corrct terminology) is it true that all the miles that it has are basically washed off of it? thats just what somebody told me.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
well it depends on how much money you have..lol.. and stroker kit for our motor cost about 2200 bucks.. then there is the hig flow oil pump your going to need, bigger injectors because more cubic in. so you need more fuel, and new head studs, bolts and everything. starts to add up pretty damn fast..lol.. and by the way im new to this site:).. but hey anybody want to buy a cobra block thats been bored 20 over and hasnt been put in a car yet.. brand new..lol

·
Registered
638 Posts
no. supercharger ftw!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts