Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see if anybody has done a stroker motor on a 99-01 cobra. If so let me know what you think about it and some of the things people have heard about the setups. thanks for any inputs.:cool:

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
what do u really want to know?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
several people running strokers, not a big deal. more in depth question is needed to answer you question.

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
i got some questions about strokers
1. ive heard then dont rev as fast, how much slower do the rev vs stock stroke?
2. also how much lower is the rev limit vs stock stroke?
3. how much do u gain in tq and where in the rpm range do u usually see it?
4. whats the power difference between big bore and stroker?

those are prolly questions that the op should know the answer to ask well in making a stroker decission

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
You can rev them as fast as we rev our cars. The only problem I have read about strokers on the 4.6 is that due to the fairly long stroke, the bottom of the piston comes out of the cylinder. Piston will go back up, but I have read something about how it wears down things faster and maybe uneven.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
I got a Livernois stroker, it revs to 7000k rpm. However I didnt see any gains in hp or torque from the stock motor. Its identical to the stock motor numbers.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I wouldn't go with a stroker for the 4.6...most of the benefit is a larger bore to unshroud the valves......look at getting a ford racing 5.0 modular block...they are around 1900.00 for the block and you will gain cubes at the same time without the stroker stress on the wrist pins.....from what I have seen the biggest benefit is just unshrouding the valves a bit.....but the cubes always to help! I havn't decided yet if I want to just do the 5.0 block or just do a .30 in overbore and reuse my aluminum block....I would love to do the 5.0 block but the aluminum version is like 4000.00 for just the block....

"ED"

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
I wouldn't go with a stroker for the 4.6...most of the benefit is a larger bore to unshroud the valves......look at getting a ford racing 5.0 modular block...they are around 1900.00 for the block and you will gain cubes at the same time without the stroker stress on the wrist pins.....from what I have seen the biggest benefit is just unshrouding the valves a bit.....but the cubes always to help! I havn't decided yet if I want to just do the 5.0 block or just do a .30 in overbore and reuse my aluminum block....I would love to do the 5.0 block but the aluminum version is like 4000.00 for just the block....

"ED"
what do the new boss 5.0 wiegh vs an aluminum 4.6? the ford racong website says its 165 lbs
Ford Racing Performance Parts []
interesting to not it says
Will not accept 2003-2004 Cobra production supercharger
Will not accept 1996-2001 Cobra or 2003-2004 Mach 1 production intake manifold
Will not accept 1996-2004 4.L 2V production intake manifold
Ford Racing Performance Parts []
is what i really want. only 110 lbs!!:eek:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the reason i ask is i bought a DSS 2v stroker motor and had a shop due the 4v setup on it. I've heard its power band is at the higher rpm's. i bought it for future setup. CHP said i would have nothing but problems because the strokers are not usually built for 4v motors. thats why i asked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts