Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well just got my stroker kit ordered from Haney Motorsports. Some real nice and very helpful people out in AZ. Got a Scat steen crank, Scat forged I-beam rods, and Probe forged pistons. just waiting for its arrival. Taking it to the machine shop as soon as it gets here!

·
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uh oh cant wait to here what yall gatta say about this, but anyway 331

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
did your builder tell you to go that route?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
hmm i am here in az and have never herd of haney motorsports.. what did you pay for that kit?? hopefully less then 1000

·
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did your builder tell you to go that route?
well over the past year i have researched many different builders and picked a lot of guys brains about what route i should go.

·
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
331 SDS

*Comp. Ratios
8.95 / 9.96 / 11.86

Factory seasoned roller block

Cast Steel 3.250" Stroker Crankshaft

4340 forged steel I-beam 5.400" rods

Probe 2618 forged flat top pistons (fits TW or
Inline cylinder heads) , 0.030 - 0.040 bore

Performance moly file fit rings

Clevite77 Rod and Main Bearings

Assembled and balanced 28 or 50oz

Price from: $1995.00

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
All of those guys must be running 347's and not want you to be faster than them. :D

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
its all a waste if you dont get a custom cam from Jay Allen lol

·
Registered
204 Posts
its all a waste if you dont get a custom cam from Jay Allen lol
lol yea then you can run the same as everyone else with a Jay Allen cam LOL.. Not saying that Jay is a bad guy or his product but how many different cams are they grinding for how many combos...lol Know what I mean..

·
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
331 SDS

*Comp. Ratios
8.95 / 9.96 / 11.86

Factory seasoned roller block

Cast Steel 3.250" Stroker Crankshaft

4340 forged steel I-beam 5.400" rods

Probe 2618 forged flat top pistons (fits TW or
Inline cylinder heads) , 0.030 - 0.040 bore

Performance moly file fit rings

Clevite77 Rod and Main Bearings

Assembled and balanced 28 or 50oz

Price from: $1995.00
no mine was 1020.95

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
lol yea then you can run the same as everyone else with a Jay Allen cam LOL.. Not saying that Jay is a bad guy or his product but how many different cams are they grinding for how many combos...lol Know what I mean..
even though we might have the exact same combo the cam specs might still be different depending on what the car is built for. if i have a drag race only car he is going to grind it to different specs then a street car.

the only complaint with jay is speed of work and coustomer service. the product speaks for itself and even though people know he is a dick and it will take months to get your stuff people still go to him. i know i did and will again.

·
Registered
204 Posts
even though we might have the exact same combo the cam specs might still be different depending on what the car is built for. if i have a drag race only car he is going to grind it to different specs then a street car.

the only complaint with jay is speed of work and coustomer service. the product speaks for itself and even though people know he is a dick and it will take months to get your stuff people still go to him. i know i did and will again.
And what happens when the guy beside you runs the same combo and runs a jay cam and his car is also a drag only car. You know when you go to the track there are tons of Mustangs. I am not splitting hairs here it was kind of a joke LOL. The point I was trying to get across was everyone thinks Jay or ED are the only custom grinders out there and they are not. I am not a band wagon rider never have been never will be. I will stick with Cam Motion for my Camshafts. Like I said before no disrespect to Jay or ED they have a good product and I know people that have run their stuff and it runs good so I understand the Cult following that they are getting but I like my stuff stroked different LOL...

·
Banned
3,014 Posts

Yes sir

·
Banned
3,014 Posts

·
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They dont look too bad..... Scat scat and probe pistons will get the job done...

This comment makes me weary tho
" Valve reliefs will handle cams in the .600+ lift range"
how come it makes you weary?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Cause there are more factors to ptv clearance. It's just lift is an easy generalization.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts