Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys im going for it im building a 5.0 stroker out of windsor motor for my 97 cobra. I will be posting pics of the build as i build to let you know how it goes. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
you plan on using a stroker kit?? or.......................???

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
^^^ yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The windsor block is stronger then the alum block in my car. This way my car want be down long should be able to pull my motor and put this one in over a weekend I hope.
But I want to find me some 03 to 04 cobra heads and im not sure on the turbo kit yet.
I will take pics as i go so you guys can see what im doing. Im going to go dyno my car tuesday so i can see what im gaining.
The mods i have now are longtube headers, cold air,65tb,adjustable fuel pressure,Sct tuner,and MSD coil packs and 150 shot nitrous.

·
Registered
377 Posts
The windsor block is stronger then the alum block in my car. This way my car want be down long should be able to pull my motor and put this one in over a weekend I hope.
But I want to find me some 03 to 04 cobra heads and im not sure on the turbo kit yet.
I will take pics as i go so you guys can see what im doing. Im going to go dyno my car tuesday so i can see what im gaining.
The mods i have now are longtube headers, cold air,65tb,adjustable fuel pressure,Sct tuner,and MSD coil packs and 150 shot nitrous.
If you do not plan on making over 1200 HP, the strength of the Teksid block is not an issue.

The extra 75 lbs on the front of the car is. With the added weight of the turbo system hanging off the nose of the car, you need all the weight off of it that you can.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the teksid block will hold a ton of power, no weaker than the windsor block. after 800hp, then a main girdle is something i would highly recommend.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very true but I do have a tubular K member to help out on the waight problem.
And I want to be able to turn the boost up when needed if i choose to.
Besides the block was given to me. And this way less down time on my car.

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
well u could always sell ur teskid to help pay for the stuff

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im going to when i get the other motor done and ready to go in. My motor only has 91000 mile on it not bad for a 97 cobra. It has had the bottle on it but only had the bottle field twice.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Good luck on the build and keep us posted on it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have my kit now you got to love good friends. I help him out of a jam and he gave me his stroker kit.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok I need to find a set of B-DOHC heads. I can send them off to get ported if any one knows were a set are let me know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I currently have an 01 cobra with a DSS stroker with stock ported heads and love it with only 1 problem, its not supercharged yet. good luck on the build.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts