Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going?

I'm curious, what's the strongest Naturally Aspirated 2v 4.6L that you guys and gals have seen? Curious about numbers you've seen. A lot of people dismiss the 2v and I've heard rumors of some N/A 2v's taking on F/I Cobras with the right build.

What are some of the best numbers you have seen?

·
BTM AutoSport
2,710 Posts
:shiftyeyes

there's a member on here that has a boss block 2v making 393rwhp. I know him by bob but don't know his username.

I'm making 388/385 on a 4.6 block.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
2vs suck when it comes to how much power you can make n/a. Best I've seen was a low 300 to the wheels. That's with full bolt ons, exhaust, and cams. A couple guys have ran low 12s n/a though which is enough to beat a stock cobra with an average driver. It's not all about how much hp the car makes.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
2vs suck when it comes to how much power you can make n/a. Best I've seen was a low 300 to the wheels. That's with full bolt ons, exhaust, and cams. A couple guys have ran low 12s n/a though which is enough to beat a stock cobra with an average driver. It's not all about how much hp the car makes.
the second poster in this thread makes 388rwhp

·
Registered
808 Posts
I would like to see a NA 2v take on and or beat a FI cobra. Would be interesting. But dont think it can happen. I know my car can spank built NAs like a red headed step child :screwy:

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
the second poster in this thread makes 388rwhp
Yeah I saw that...doesn't seem like very many people make those numbers with a n/a 2v though. I mean hell some guys with supercharged 2vs aren't making that lol

Also Deathbringer on average I'd say cobras run [email protected] stock so the guys who have low 12 sec n/a 2vs could definitely run with if not beat a stock termi. Just saying.

·
SleeperStang
3,924 Posts
How's it going?

I'm curious, what's the strongest Naturally Aspirated 2v 4.6L that you guys and gals have seen? Curious about numbers you've seen. A lot of people dismiss the 2v and I've heard rumors of some N/A 2v's taking on F/I Cobras with the right build.

What are some of the best numbers you have seen?
iroush did it right if you want to go N/A. High compression build is the only way to go.

·
BTM AutoSport
2,710 Posts
iroush did it right if you want to go N/A. High compression build is the only way to go.
i wouldn't say i did it ALL right... i regret every day that I didn't go with TFS heads, I really think there's more in my setup, but, I got my valves notched for ported PI's not the TFS valve orientation :|

·
BTM AutoSport
2,710 Posts
I would like to see a NA 2v take on and or beat a FI cobra. Would be interesting. But dont think it can happen. I know my car can spank built NAs like a red headed step child :screwy:
i have yet to get next to a terminator yet unfortunately, I'd love to see what the roush has for one, this being said, any serious FI cars and of course an N/A 2v won't hang, you'd have to turn serious RPM and even then you would not have the torque like a blower would... For what my car is, I love it. Quick, lightweight, no heatsoak issues, and incredibly reliability. I'll take that for a road course car over any boosted road racing car any day.

·
BTM AutoSport
2,710 Posts
:shiftyeyes

there's a member on here that has a boss block 2v making 393rwhp. I know him by bob but don't know his username.

I'm making 388/385 on a 4.6 block.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
now I remember. His name is bobnasty. he's got a 5.3L stroker making 393/398...

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
If you can get that good of numbers with a 2v, say you did the same thing with a 4v, what kind of numbers could it have?

·
BTM AutoSport
2,710 Posts
If you can get that good of numbers with a 2v, say you did the same thing with a 4v, what kind of numbers could it have?
with a new coyote 4v, probably 500+ easy. as for a 4.6 4v, maybe somewhere in the 400's is realistic.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I'm happy to see that the numbers I'm looking for are possible. Tired of being the weakest of the late model Mustangs. 200k on what is possibly the stock engine, makes me feel anemic when it comes to HP.

Has anyone personally used the Trick Flow heads with a 44cc combustion chamber size on an NPI engine here? Keep seeing this whole kit that includes heads, cams, chains, bolts and all that good stuff for about $3100.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I saw that...doesn't seem like very many people make those numbers with a n/a 2v though. I mean hell some guys with supercharged 2vs aren't making that lol

Also Deathbringer on average I'd say cobras run [email protected] stock so the guys who have low 12 sec n/a 2vs could definitely run with if not beat a stock termi. Just saying.
Just saying. Haha Agreed.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts