Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
I put QA1s front and rear, and haven't had any problems. Car felt a million times better, but then again almost anything would over the stockers.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Anything is really good over stock struts and shocks.

I would say get something that will work for what you want.

Alot of people say get adjustable front and rear but....for me id probably never adjust mine. Which is why im just getting the tokico HP shocks and struts.

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
i run KYB GR2's. never had a problem. car handles great and they aren't all that expensive which always helps.

·
Registered
689 Posts
not to jack thread but does anyone use struts/shocks designed for the 87-93 stang? i keep hearing that they are great for cars that are lowered a lot like the h&r ss springs do. is it truly just replacing the factory ones or is there other things involved?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i see some Tokico HP on ebay for pretty freaking cheap and Koni too... like 300 for the HPs and like 350 for Koni

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
i have tokico d -specs (adjustibles) and they are great, but a little pricey
but the Hp's are great shocks for how cheap they are.
and so are KYB's
like stated above basically every shock is going to be better than a stock one

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
not to jack thread but does anyone use struts/shocks designed for the 87-93 stang? i keep hearing that they are great for cars that are lowered a lot like the h&r ss springs do. is it truly just replacing the factory ones or is there other things involved?
its a direct swap. if i remember right, the fox's aer 1in shorter and is nice on the lowered cars because of piston positioning. the valving will be set more neutral and will make it work better. now, this is theory and only have read this so i dont know the absolute truth behind it. my car is pretty dow and still ran the shock/strut that were made for these cars.

·
The Big Spoon
3,214 Posts
i have used tokico blues before and liked them a lot. i am currently rockin bilstien hd all the way around and like them too. I got them particularly because of the size of the piston rod on the front. more surface area to spread the abuse of side loading across instead of a skinny rod. I am going to go witth coil overs in the front in the future.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yeah Ive seen that somehwere cant remember.

Does it matter what brand shock or strut?
Would it affect the hieght of the car as well? due to being a little shorter?

·
Registered
689 Posts
i cut 1 coil all the way around so im definitely at 2 inches or more lol. especially in the front. so fox body struts and shocks are good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts