Modded Mustang Forums banner

should i keep the strut tower brace or sell it

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i got this strut tower brace for 15 at the junk yard, was thinkin of installin it but was reading mixed reviews of how the new edge responded to it. i threw it up on craigslist for 75 to see what kind of interest there was in it and already have some interest. my question is should i keep it or make a quick 60 for pullin it off a junked car? vote and tell me what your reasoning is. if someone has experience with these on the newedge thats what im looking for.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
ide say sell it..your probably not going to notice a difference but i might be wrong

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I don't know if it'll be a positive difference. What it seems like is people with verts need em and coupes don't. Anyone? May not find one this cheap again so I wanna be sure I'm making the right choice.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
It came with my vert. But i had to take it off cause of the blower clearance. If i had option of having one or not i would pick to have one. But that is because i already stiffened up the rear a lot. And have full SFC.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
comeon people,need some input, i'm leaning toward selling it for the quick cash (wife got a $57 parking ticket so yea)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I'll give you 20 bucks for it and 5 bucks for shipping. I'll pay pal it to you tonight. then after that is done you can cancel the dispute ;)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol i take it your figured out how to add funds? intakes workin great since i got the parts to complete it lol.
seriously though i'm torn what i want to do with this thing haha...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Yeah I figured it out. I canceled my bank card and ordered a new one, should be here in 7-14 days the lady said.
I'd still give you 20 bucks for the strut bar though, you bought it for 15 bucks right? so that an extra 5 bucks you made ;)

Glad the intake is workin for ya man

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i can wait another week lol. someone alread offered 70 so i may just take that...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I can wait another week too, shoot I could wait the 14 days ;) But you gave me a good idea, Im going to call some junk yards and see if they have any. or you could just send that one to me and I'll give you 20 bucks and we can put this dispute thing to bed.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol just keep me updated haha. i'll let you know if i find another one, it'll be up for sale too.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Shoot I want something in return to this 20 bucks I'm having to dig out of my a** ;)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol, well...i can send you pics of the parts i had to get haha
how bout we get back to the topic here lol

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
yes! great idea. Send pictures of the parts and the receipt. ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have one just like that on my '03 Coupe.
Don't really notice any difference with or without it, but the engine compartment just didn't look right w/o one (yes, I AM that shallow-LOL).

Nick

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Haven't meet you yet. Nice to meet you Mr.shallow I mean Nick

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes! great idea. Send pictures of the parts and the receipt. ;)
i just looked, i've got all but one reciept (for one of the small hoses and big clamps), cant really send a pic of the gasket (can the rest of the gasket material though haha) though since its assembled now lol.:p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts