Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Easy enough. Only thing I'm concerned with is will it mess with my alignment since it is on top of some caster and camber plates? I want to remove it, but I don't want my alignment to all ****ed up. Should I just let a shop remove it and align it all at once?

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Did you get it aligned when you put the cc plates on? But if it messes up your caster or camber alot, then yea you should get in alignment.

And yes on sirl, mark it if you can, then match it back up.

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the ****tard who owned it before me tried to do the alignment himself. I need to get it aligned, but I'm not trying to **** it up more than it is.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Removing the strut tower brace should have minimal affect on your alignment, if any. The only way it would is if it was putting tension or compression on the strut towers. If you remove one side, you'll see if the bolts shift relative to the holes in the STB, if it's a lot, then you'll definitely need an alignment.

Regarding how the alignment was done, most Mustangs need caster MAXED out. Try to get at least 4 degrees. Camber will depend on your driving (the more aggressive your cornering, the more negative camber you'll need to keep your tire wear even). Toe is personal preference: Toe-in for stability, Toe-out for turn-in.

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the bitch wouldn't come off, and wraither and I didn't want to mess up the threads on the CC plates. So I'm gonna take it to the shop I go to, and let them do it, and my alignment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts