Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do they accually work or does it just look nice?

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
do they accually work or does it just look nice?
They do work, it would probably work best with other "chassis stiffening" mods like Sub frames

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
It's not going to hurt anything. Doesn't make as big of a difference as sub frame connectors but it won't hurt having one.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
They do help eliminate cowl shake.

·
Ginger with No Soul
1,124 Posts
are there ones specific for verts or are they all the same?
They are the same for verts or coupes. Only ones that will be different is between a GT/V6 or one for a 4V, they have different ones for Machs and Cobras.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
They are all the same. However, if you are doing a 5.4 swap, you will not be able to fit any of the bars in.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
They are the same for verts or coupes. Only ones that will be different is between a GT/V6 or one for a 4V, they have different ones for Machs and Cobras.
Dammit. Quit typing faster then me!

If you go through someone like MM, then you have a different one for a Mach, a 99/01 Cobra, and a 03/04 Cobra.

·
Registered
689 Posts
yeah the swap wont be done for a while so the extra rigidity will be nice until that happens. i need flsfc's too. the stock ones suck.

·
Registered
282 Posts
If you also add the lower k member brace you will notice a big difference. I did my k member one first then the strut tower brace and the car rarely understeers at autocross anymore.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
I wonder if a cobra brace would clear a KB on a GT? ...hmmmm.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts