Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats your guys oppions on them, useful or just a big paper weight?

·
Turbo Maniac
437 Posts
Functional for anyone but a road racer...meh. But they look good and can pull the engine bay together looks wise.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im just wondering because with the roads so bad in NH I get alot of cowl shake so it shakes the windshield pretty good, just wondering what I could do minimize it.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Our chassis are pretty stiff but there has to be some flex. Whether or not you can feel a difference or if it actually makes a performance difference, IDK. I ran one for a while and it looked awesome and I want to say it felt more solid. But when I took mine off to fit my SC I also took off my front sway bar so I can't really give much feedback. Though now I can tell you my car feels pretty squirrely when making sudden steering inputs. Since putting my stock rear springs in it hasn't been as bad.

What I used to run

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Im just wondering because with the roads so bad in NH I get alot of cowl shake so it shakes the windshield pretty good, just wondering what I could do minimize it.
I think you have a convertable right? If so it should make a difference enough to warrant one. But yes it is more of a "show" piece but has also been known to get rid of some of the vibration issues up front

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yhea I do, just everytime I go over a rough surface like train tracks, even at a low speed, I feel like the windshield is gonna break, what about subframe connectors or k Member braces.

·
Hardon Enthusiast
2,291 Posts
I like the look of them...maybe the wifey will pick me up one for christmas....

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I got a pleneum cover and mine wouldnt fit anymore.. thinking about selling...lol

new look

·
Registered
53 Posts
OP, sounds like you've got more of a suspension issue rather than a need for chassis stiffening. The rough NH roads may have prematurely worn out your shocks, struts and/or springs. I would start with springs then move to adjustable shocks/struts so you can set the proper dampening. And BTW, I see you are Saleen S/C - good luck trying to find a Chicane STB to fit between the lid and intake cover. You may have to get a one off custom mod.

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
unless your takeing gforce corners to me its more of a show peice just my opinion i

·
Registered
267 Posts
I put one on my convertible and it made a difference IMO...feels more precise when cornering. Worth $80 anyway

·
MM's Resident Male Nurse
1,314 Posts
I bought a STB off an 08 ish GT500 for $20. I figured for that price, even if it doesn't do anything, at least its a cool lookin' $20. :)

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
Its good for road course but don't expect much from it, and make sure you choose the right one since not all will clear what you have under your pony

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My problem is my supercharger, it barely fits under the stock hood so finding a strut tower brace that clears it is the problem, Im not gonna really have problem clearing the hood because of the Cervini Hood I have.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^^ But is that with the stock hood, it is very close, when I had the factor scooped hood I had one of the plastic nail type things going into the top of the supercharger, So I prob have about 1/4 or less between the stock hood and the supercharger. What Im really worried about is clearing the supercharger.

·
Super Moderator
7,915 Posts
^^ But is that with the stock hood, it is very close, when I had the factor scooped hood I had one of the plastic nail type things going into the top of the supercharger, So I prob have about 1/4 or less between the stock hood and the supercharger. What Im really worried about is clearing the supercharger.
Mine clears the stock hood and it clears the Roush M90. From there you should be able to make a decision.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts