Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the gt strut tower braces fit the v6?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yes, but they are made to go right over the engine I am pretty sure. So it might sit kind of tall above the v6 engine. It wont effect anything though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool deal i was gonna get a plenum cover anyhow so this will give me a little more clearance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I put an SMR strut tower brace on my 06 vert and it BARELY cleared the intake and it squeaks on the hood liner. If you don't have a hood liner, you'll probably have enough space, but I know there's no way a plenum cover would fit under mine.

If I had it to do over, I would have gone with a different brace (granatelli) because it looks thinner/lower, but I'm not sure it would fit.

If you have a coupe (and maybe even a vert), I've read that strut tower braces are purely cosmetic (I don't think Maximum Motorsports S197 racecar sports a STB).

·
Registered
28 Posts
This thread went a month without a post, dave.
1St Sgt, you did not say what year your car is, and your garage is empty. I too have the SMR brace(I think American muscle) and it clears 2010 hood OK. Clears engine by
about 3/8" as you probably found out by now.
As far as needing this, Shelby Terlinga V-6, and Steeda V-6 both come with one.
Maximum Motorsports Ultamate handling package comes with a double wishbone towerbrace that bolts both towers to the firewall. If I recall, I read in an article that said
not to bolt anything to MM's caster/camber plates.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts