Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone post a link to a video or writeup on how to swap out a stock pump with the Division X Stryker 340 Pump? I'm sure I could eventually figure it out on my own but a write up or video would make things much easier. Thank you in advance.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
It's very simple I have one, I'm not going to post a full-on write up because it's common sense once you have the hat out of the tank.

Make sure you have a Dremel with a cutting wheel or two. Get hat assembly out of the tank, take the top off the fuel pump basket, take old pump out, put new pump in, find out new pump is 1-2cm too tall, clearance top portion (lid) of fuel pump basket 1-2cm, test fit pump, splice and solder old pump wiring to new stryker pump, heatshrink it. Optional: drill holes in lower portion of basket (only on front facing and sides, not the rear) to prevent the basket from being sucked dry. Get Dayco 80160 hose and ?5/16"? fuel injection hose clamps. Two ways to route the hose, a long coiling shape up the fuel barb on the hat or a 3-4" long hose straight shot from the hat to pump.

Tip: Once fuel pump basket is out, break the retaining clips that attach to the mounts in the fuel tank makes life lots easier when you need to get to the pump again.

·
Carving corners
3,327 Posts
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/projects/251188-02sonicgt-vortech-v3-treadstone-trv25-build-6.html#post4383104

very easy, also I recommend buying a hand deburring tool http://www.mscdirect.com/product/05752159?src=pla&008=-99&007=Search&pcrid=25122928864&006=25122928864&005=53303975704&004=7506847864&002=2167139&mkwid=sVuqDg9lw|dc&cid=PLA-Google-PLA+-+Test_sVuqDg9lw_PLA__25122928864_c_S&026=-99&025=c.

The opening in the tank where the fuel hat bolts down to has VERY sharp edges and considering the submersible fuel line will be rubbing up against this edge it will tear the hose apart. I just ran the tool on the edge where the tube would be rubbing against with some magnets attached to the tool. The magnets magnify the tool and catch all of the shavings. Although I used neodymium magnets which are very powerful compared to normal magnets. Worked really well and caught all of the shavings. Another tip I've seen people use the wire guard sleeves that you can get at autozone and wrap it around the fuel line but considering it doesnt label what kind of plastic they are made of, Im guessinf PVC, I was afraid to use it. GL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts