Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was wondering and im not sure if there is already a thread about this but i was thinking if its possible to put the STS remote-turbo system in your car AND have the supercharger also?... cause if you think about it the STS remote turbos are in the rear of the car and therefore its not really in the way of the supercharger..is this possible??.. thanks!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm pretty certain that would be a massive waste of money.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you think?... why do you say that?.. i mean if you think about it both of them will be very usefull ...the supercharger will work right off the line and give you that extra little boost and while thats going it gives your turbo time to spool up and by the time the supercharger is to its max thats where the turbos will come in to give it the extra boost... right ?

·
Registered
286 Posts
They would both become giant air restrictions for each other. For a setup like this to actually work, it would take a highly modified computer system and tune, and probably all sorts of other fabricated parts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahhh true true, i didnt see it that way, i had a feeling it would take alot of tuning and adjusting to make it work, you would think too if you tune it right and play with it like adjusting it right that it would be less air restrictions

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I've seen "twincharged" setups on other cars and there's no reason it couldn't work for a Mustang - if the turbos and blower are correctly sized for the air flow requirements. Also keep in mind that with a setup like this, boost doesn't add; it multiplies. If the blower normally made 8 psi of boost, feeding 15 psi of boost from a turbo into it wouldn't give you 23 psi of boost - it would give you over 30. You really have to know what you're doing to try something like this.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea, but would you think a more experience mechanic could do it? and 30 psi is a **** load, and you cant tune it down can you? and those numbers for the psi is the min huh. that could do alot of damage to your motor

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
I think the turbo charger would boost way more than a supercharger faster. at 3k rpms the supercharger would be at around 3 psi while the turbo at 7psi depending on your turbo

·
Registered
104 Posts
Seen the turbo kits for the terminators? They work great with the factory or aftermarket blowers, they make 1000HP easy, kits are 100% complete, and I believe the kits are also out for the GT500's too.

·
Registered
302 Posts
it's called compound boost. It works. It works badass. You'd need some pretty complex integration to make it reliable with good street manners. It's critical to choose the right turbos. You'd probably see the best returns with a roots or twin screw blower being pre-pumped up by a pair of 60mm turbos. Plenty of low end with dangerous top end. Oh...you also tend to end up with HUGE boost levels at the manifold. Like 20lbs is very very low for such a setup. 40+psi would be more likely.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Might as well throw a small shot on it as well... You know... just in case...
I saw a centri blower feeding a roots on a termi car. Had a nitrous system on it too, but he said it was just for looks, he had never used it. Bet it was fun as hell, but probably hard on the tires too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Power adder

stick to one power adder unless you like working on your car after every drive. Rear mount turbos have lots of lag time, and having two turbos compared to one supercharger opens you up to twice as many problems.

·
Registered
151 Posts
if your running a turbo with some lag it is way easier and cheaper to just use a small shot of nitrous to get you off the line and get the turbos spooled up then just use a window switch on the n2o to turn it off as the boost is spooling up. Just use a small wet kit after the intercooler.

Plus it will weight alot less without all that extra piping and stuff. ANNNNNNDDDD nitrous makes more torque down low then most other power adders due to how fast it burns and increases the cylinder pressure.

This is how i would do it if i were Stupid rich. lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.