Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've installed a 5.0 in my 69 vert, and I've been trying to get it started for a couple of weeks now with no luck. The motor has 23K miles on it, should be a solid motor. I have 40 psi on the fuel rails, the spark plugs has spark the timing is dead on, the injector plugs have power and I get the ground from the computer. but the motor fires only on the right side, I just have the shorty header on it so far and while trying to start the motor I put my hand over the exhaust on both sides only the right side fires.

Could I only get fuel to the right side? I took the fuel rail off and inspected it, and it looked fine.

I think its not getting fuel on the left side, but how do I tell? Any thoughts??

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Easy way to tell is to pull the plugs and see if they smell like gas or are soaked in gas.

What computer are you using? If it's an H.O. computer, it will be a sequential fire so the only way for an entire bank to stop working is for the 12v hot side of the injector harness to go bad on that side. If know the computer model and/or the engine harness year, look here for your harness pin-out and it will tell you what wires should have 12v and what ones are the signal wires. Use a noid light, or a test light or a multi-meter to see if you're getting what you need to get at the injector.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I'm using the HO computer. In fact I have a 94 and a 95 one, and there is no difference between them. I have 12v at the injectors at all times and the computer grounds to fire. I've checked both with a test light and they were good. I though maybe fouled plugs so put new ones in and gap at.054. The ones I pulled were .064, but that made no difference.
The motor came out of a wreck and had set for years. was well cared for waiting for a new home.
I think its fuel, so I'm going to try a different fuel rail. Possibly something is plugging the gas from crossing over to the other side from were gas enters the rails. Who know? Running out of Idea's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts